Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our plans for the holidays changed and we're thinking about going to SoCal for a couple days instead, area of Palm Springs or a bit more south (want to check out the Salton Sea) as we want to explore Joshua Tree for a hike or two, but it would also be fun to (finally) take the Bronco off road a bit. I'm not familiar with SoCal at all, I know Johnson Valley is down there and other things, I'm not looking for anything too extreme, think Fins'n Things or similar, hopefully in a nice area that's also scenic, not just desert racing flat.

If you're familiar with the area it would be great to hear some suggestions, just names of areas/off road parks/trails. It won't be just a wheeling vacation but I'd like to try out some of the off road tech while down there.

Thanks!
Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bad thing about California is political nonsense... Good thing is the diversity of cool shit to do.

Cleghorn
Tons of trails near Big Bear
A lot of the desert areas are open OHV areas
You're also near Santa Rosa Plateau, San Jacinto Wilderness area, San Bernardino Nat Forest, Bighorn Mountain Wilderness and San Gorgonio Wilderness areas.

Check out youtube for "Not A Rubicon", he is local down here and has tons of trail walktrhough videos.

Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too bad you cannot gain access to 29 Palms....some really great trails on the base....

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too bad you cannot gain access to 29 Palms....some really great trails on the base....
Oh man I was almost going to say 29 palms as a joke 🤣. "You'd have a blast on those trails"

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great ideas, thanks all!

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could take Berdoo Canyon into JTree.
found that just zooming in on google maps, definitely looks interesting and we'll probably stay relatively close to where it starts/ends.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"You'd have a blast on those trails"
You just have to dodge the fins sticking out of the sand.....

There were actually lot's of good places to go around the stumps when I was there, but that was mid-nineties, and I don't really remember where they were. There was just a ton of BLM land you could wheel on, that we used to run all over...and also really good dove hunting in the fall out there.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You just have to dodge the fins sticking out of the sand.....

There were actually lot's of good places to go around the stumps when I was there, but that was mid-nineties, and I don't really remember where they were. There was just a ton of BLM land you could wheel on, that we used to run all over...and also really good dove hunting in the fall out there.
I didn't have a car when I was in the stumps, MOS school or CAX, but I always wondered where all those random dirt roads went

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Old Dale Road traverses Joshua Tree’s interior as well as some BLM land. There is a good video on YouTube about it by “notarubicon.” Of course “Bronco Knoll” is in Johnson Valley.
Sponsored