Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't see any Rangers, but I did see a pic of a Maverick. It looks like it might have been a worker on the cleanup crew though. Mostly Chevy trailblazers.

Ford Bronco Train Derailment in Kentucky with New Ford Vehicles 1679084681376
Sponsored

beechdriver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you are interested in the train aspect of this, here is some info... if not, TLDR

In my line of work a couple of the major railroad companies are my customers (Norfolk Southern is one). For what it's worth, I can tell you that the person earlier in the thread that mentioned there being over 1k derailments a year in the US is correct. I can also tell you the vast majority of those derailments are caused by vehicles (mostly Semi trucks) being hit while stopped across tracks. Sometimes there is a pretty bad one with a fuel truck, but those are more rare due to the experience level of those drivers and more stringent safety precautions. The rail companies lose locomotives due to collisions with semi trucks more often than you would think. It is particularly damaging when they hit a truck carrying heavy construction equipment.
The other major cause of derailments is wheel bearing failures (which looks to be the cause of the derailment in OH). All of the major rail companies have hot bearing sensors along the track. You've probably seen them near rail crossings without realizing what they are. They look like metal pads on either side of the track with a large cable. And there is often a metal box next to the track that houses the equipment the sensors are connected to. The challenge is keeping those sensors and the systems that monitor them running and/or identifying bad sensors. But you can bet there is a renewed interest in improving those systems right now.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait years for your new Bronco. Then it gets crushed in a train derailment. ā€œThe horrorā€¦ā€

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they opted for PPF theyā€™ll be fine. s/

KKCSHIPP

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s 6 miles from my front door and the crossing is a known issue by any OTR and long trucks. There are plenty of signs warning drivers also. Bad decision by a truck driver.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is on its way to Pa. After waiting 3 years I might loose my mind if I found out mine is on that train šŸ˜‘
Letā€™s pray yours wasnā€™t on that train. Think good thoughts. Weā€™ve all been there. Iā€m just over a month in after almost 3 years as well.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lived in Tehachapi Ca, near the loop, trains derail at least 1-2 times a year. When the wine bottle train derailed, it was cleaned up by locals free of charge.
I was stationed at Edwards, 88-94.
I usedta go up to The Loop quite a bit.
Nice place...like all of Tehachapi.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait years for your new Bronco. Then it gets crushed in a train derailment. ā€œThe horrorā€¦ā€
And the really sad part is one who finds them self in this situation will not get a replacement quickly.

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are interested in the train aspect of this, here is some info... if not, TLDR

In my line of work a couple of the major railroad companies are my customers (Norfolk Southern is one). For what it's worth, I can tell you that the person earlier in the thread that mentioned there being over 1k derailments a year in the US is correct. I can also tell you the vast majority of those derailments are caused by vehicles (mostly Semi trucks) being hit while stopped across tracks. Sometimes there is a pretty bad one with a fuel truck, but those are more rare due to the experience level of those drivers and more stringent safety precautions. The rail companies lose locomotives due to collisions with semi trucks more often than you would think. It is particularly damaging when they hit a truck carrying heavy construction equipment.
The other major cause of derailments is wheel bearing failures (which looks to be the cause of the derailment in OH). All of the major rail companies have hot bearing sensors along the track. You've probably seen them near rail crossings without realizing what they are. They look like metal pads on either side of the track with a large cable. And there is often a metal box next to the track that houses the equipment the sensors are connected to. The challenge is keeping those sensors and the systems that monitor them running and/or identifying bad sensors. But you can bet there is a renewed interest in improving those systems right now.
you thinking its Lack of experience for the Semi drivers ! seems better training would be in order or do they get high centered crossing ?

Sponsored

beechdriver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, by the way, Iā€™m not knocking truck drivers in any way. Theyā€™re as big of a critical cog in our supply chain delivery system as the trains. I was mostly referring to the fact that being a fuel tanker truck driver requires more experience than other types of truck drivers and you very rarely see a tanker truck struck while on the tracks. I guess Iā€™d say that inexperience would at least partially contribute to getting high centered as well. Regardless of how it happens, it damages quite a few locomotives yearly.

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, by the way, Iā€™m not knocking truck drivers in any way. Theyā€™re as big of a critical cog in our supply chain delivery system as the trains. I was mostly referring to the fact that being a fuel tanker truck driver requires more experience than other types of truck drivers and you very rarely see a tanker truck struck while on the tracks. I guess Iā€™d say that inexperience would at least partially contribute to getting high centered as well. Regardless of how it happens, it damages quite a few locomotives yearly.
ya for sure not knocking anyone but if it is becoming a problem it needs to be fixed

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whata kick in the biscuits that would be . If thatā€™s were me, Iā€™d be thinking God does not want me to have a bronco.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond