Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read about 25 pages but I’m tired ... so I’m just gonna ask here. If I’ve already placed my order, gotten the confirmation email from Ford... all that jazz. Can I no longer transfer to another dealer? Sorry if it has already been answered

@DealerInsider

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only thing that gives me pause is my local dealer ship offers lifetime drivetrain warranty on purchases through them (if you keep up with the regularly scheduled maintenance) not sure if that's worth the $3-4000 in price difference.
You know those "lifetime powertrain warrenties" are essentially* scams right?

They almost never cover the actual key components that will fail in short order. Your engine shot in the first 10 years? I'd bet it doesn't cover the reason it failed. There's tons written about this all over the internet. Do some serious research before you choose that as a reason. I bet if we were to do a poll here, only a small handful ever had anything covered by such a warranty.

*They aren't really "scams" per se but almost never cover the cause of earlier engine issues. They aren't transferable and they are counting on no one keeping a vehicle and hitting every maint item perfectly on time and with only their dealer for 10 plus years.

Itsmeclooney

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You know those "lifetime powertrain warrenties" are essentially* scams right?

They almost never cover the actual key components that will fail in short order. Your engine shot in the first 10 years? I'd bet it doesn't cover the reason it failed. There's tons written about this all over the internet. Do some serious research before you choose that as a reason. I bet if we were to do a poll here, only a small handful ever had anything covered by such a warranty.

*They aren't really "scams" per se but almost never cover the cause of earlier engine issues. They aren't transferable and they are counting on no one keeping a vehicle and hitting every maint item perfectly on time and with only their dealer for 10 plus years.
Thanks for the input. I figured something similar was likely the case. In all the cars I've ever owned I've also never had an engine just give out on me either. I do plan to own this bronco for 10+ years I think, but definitely something I'll have to weigh. I'm definitely leaning heavily towards moving my reservation and driving back / having it delivered if my local dealer ship won't meet me at invoice at least.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the input. I figured something similar was likely the case. In all the cars I've ever owned I've also never had an engine just give out on me either. I do plan to own this bronco for 10+ years I think, but definitely something I'll have to weigh. I'm definitely leaning heavily towards moving my reservation and driving back / having it delivered if my local dealer ship won't meet me at invoice at least.
Knowledge is power. Ask your dealer to provide numbers/data on how many repairs they do a year outside of normal manufacture warranty under their lifetime powertrain warranty. If they give you real numbers, I'd expect them to be very small. Good luck!

Sponsored

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read about 25 pages but I’m tired ... so I’m just gonna ask here. If I’ve already placed my order, gotten the confirmation email from Ford... all that jazz. Can I no longer transfer to another dealer? Sorry if it has already been answered

@DealerInsider
I'm going through this now. Had to call Ford and have them change the order back to a reservation. I was told it could take weeks and reading through some posts its about three. I'm hoping mine goes through prior to the 19 March deadline so I can receive an ETA in May. I call every other day to check the status. Squeaky wheel as they say.

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@DealerInsider
u can, according to Ford...they will have it fixed by 3/19...per them

xalwayswins

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner ORP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Transferred my reservation to Chapman yesterday afternoon and Tom @DealerInsider had my order placed within minutes. My previous dealer had only called me 1 time since I placed my reservation back in July. Never had any answers to my questions. The weirdest part was the last time I talked to them, which was to ask them to match the Chapman offer, my rep was saying how they were calling everyone over and over to get orders placed and try and boost their allocation. Yet the only phone call I got from them was 2 days before the build and price tool launched.

The difference at Chapman is night and day. Fingers crossed for a '21 but i've waited this long, a little longer wont hurt.

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Transferred my reservation to Chapman yesterday afternoon and Tom @DealerInsider had my order placed within minutes. My previous dealer had only called me 1 time since I placed my reservation back in July. Never had any answers to my questions. The weirdest part was the last time I talked to them, which was to ask them to match the Chapman offer, my rep was saying how they were calling everyone over and over to get orders placed and try and boost their allocation. Yet the only phone call I got from them was 2 days before the build and price tool launched.

The difference at Chapman is night and day. Fingers crossed for a '21 but i've waited this long, a little longer wont hurt.
thank you! appreciate u!

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just called the number to transfer my 13-Jul reservation (2252 for those curious, though undecided about turning it into a MY22)!
The friendly lady on the phone was like, “have you talked to the dealer about their allotment?” Because apparently she has handled a LOT of transfers to Chapman Ford recently 😂

ETA: my email has the correct reservation number... but the date of the reservation has changed to 14-Jul??? Anyone else experienced this?

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just called the number to transfer my 13-Jul reservation (2252 for those curious, though undecided about turning it into a MY22)!
The friendly lady on the phone was like, “have you talked to the dealer about their allotment?” Because apparently she has handled a LOT of transfers to Chapman Ford recently 😂

ETA: my email has the correct reservation number... but the date of the reservation has changed to 14-Jul??? Anyone else experienced this?
Yes. Mine moved to the next day when I transferred dealers also. Even though technically and if you call Ford, it is still the same as before you transferred.

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Night and Day

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tip for those calling Ford Customer Service to do a manual reservation transfer - ask them for the Case Number. It's a number that starts with "CAS-"
This will help Tom when tracking the transfer and it confirms Ford is actually creating a case/making the changes.

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tip for those calling Ford Customer Service to do a manual reservation transfer - ask them for the Case Number. It's a number that starts with "CAS-"
This will help Tom when tracking the transfer and it confirms Ford is actually creating a case/making the changes.
thank you...Bronco@ emailed me for the case #'s today...they should be able to look them up by the emails and res#'s i provided, but just another hoop to jump thru

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not trying to pester Tom, so asking the community (I can't read through this entire thread again0. What was the consensus "best guess" on Chapman's allotment? I reserved at 2252 on 13-Jul, so I'm thinking that I will be okay on the one "commodity constrained" in my build (Lux). It will just come down to allotment and how many early reservations Chapman converted.

If I think I won't get my Bronco by early summer, I'll just convert to MY22.
Sponsored