Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flipped my reservation over to Tom and company last week where it was subsequently converted to an order in one of the smoothest most painless processes I have ever encountered. Just great all the way around. Now its up to the Ford magical wheel of parts and allocations to determine when I actually might see it. But the Pinocchio is one step closer to becoming a real boy......
Couldn't agree more. The dealer "process" was the main reason I was pissed about X-plan getting shelved... And this is a better deal.
If only I could have the response time of the Chapman crew in my daily life.
Sponsored

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If only I could have the response time of the Chapman crew in my daily life.
Amen. From your post to God's internet chat service........

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would have thought that there would be a pre-prescribed data change for a DBA or something to make. Shouldn't take "weeks". #UnfortunatelyTypical
You would have thought. The CRC rep told me they need to "investigate" when I opened the case.

You would think that Ford could provide a run book of questions the CRC rep could ask to validate that the reservation was coverted without consent, then submit a ticket to the DBA to flip the reservation back.

Dedicate someone on that team to work the tickets and get things back to reservation.

I am not sure what this investigation is, or how many they keed to conduct, but going back to the dealer is just asking for delays.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
03/01/2021 update on 1st post
Tom - while I am sure the answer is "I have no idea, I don't know what's going on next week let along next year" I am going to ask the question anyway...

For those of us waiting for 2022, any idea at all how many you'd be getting per quarter? Not sure if you have a comp on a current car you could make an educated guess, but could it be like 10 per month / 30 per quarter for example?

Sponsored
OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tom - while I am sure the answer is "I have no idea, I don't know what's going on next week let along next year" I am going to ask the question anyway...

For those of us waiting for 2022, any idea at all how many you'd be getting per quarter? Not sure if you have a comp on a current car you could make an educated guess, but could it be like 10 per month / 30 per quarter for example?
"I have no idea, I don't know what's going on next week let along next year"

seriously though...i think 10-15 a month sounds fair

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"I have no idea, I don't know what's going on next week let along next year"

seriously though...i think 10-15 a month sounds fair
Alright so if 2022 deliveries start Feb that would be first 20-30 on your list would be Q1. That's helpful, even if just a guess for now.

I cannot remember a car launch with two partial years to start (or finish for that matter). I had a 2014 BMW that came out in Feb then the 2015s came normal time in Sept, also had a 2001.5 S4. Bronco though 2021 isn't a full year and neither is 2022 by almost 6 months. Definitely a weird situation.

Mmunoz7470

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just transferred my reservation from my local dealership in MA to Chapman and placed my order! Tom was great and super responsive! Thank you!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco though 2021 isn't a full year and neither is 2022 by almost 6 months. Definitely a weird situation.
Where was the news that Bronco would convert from Dec changeover to September?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t understand your question...
We know that changeover from 21 to 22 is Dec. You stated that 22 is about a 6 month partial year. This would lead to believe that 23 starts in August 22.

Where did that info get announced and when? I have missed that and would like to read it.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We know that changeover from 21 to 22 is Dec. You stated that 22 is about a 6 month partial year. This would lead to believe that 23 starts in August 22.

Where did that info get announced and when? I have missed that and would like to read it.
Sorry for the confusion. I thought they start MAKING 2022 cars in Dec 21 then delivering them late Jan / early Feb. So instead of running full Sept 21 to Aug 22 if would just be Jan / Feb to Aug so I guess more like 7 months in total 2022 cars will be delivered. Unless I’m very confused.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry for the confusion. I thought they start MAKING 2022 cars in Dec 21 then delivering them late Jan / early Feb. So instead of running full Sept 21 to Aug 22 if would just be Jan / Feb to Aug so I guess more like 7 months in total 2022 cars will be delivered. Unless I’m very confused.
Ok. You're under the thought that after MY21 then the changeover will happen in Aug/Sept. I'm under the impression that they will keep the changeover as Dec going forward.

Either could be correct - we don't have concrete info. Might even call it Cactus Gray Info - it changes based on the day.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok. You're under the thought that after MY21 then the changeover will happen in Aug/Sept. I'm under the impression that they will keep the changeover as Dec going forward.

Either could be correct - we don't have concrete info. Might even call it Cactus Gray Info - it changes based on the day.
Yep - that’s what I was thinking. I’m just basing this on a normal early launch with a partial year then revert to normal Sept schedule, but at this point who the hell knows. Doubt Ford even knows.