Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yes, according to the rep, the base vehicles could timestamp jump…he said the base units will be 4 door 2.3 with soft and mic mix
Thanks. Sounds like a 'No' for my 2 dr 2.7 Base Squatch. Oh well.
Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting that mic top will be mixed in... sounds like mic is less of a hangup than chips in that case now. Maybe that's the silver lining?

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a spreadsheet for orders after March?

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMPORTANT FOR YOU AND YOUR DEALERS TO UNDERSTAND:

Here’s how this allocation will work using 16000 as the example:

• 16000 earned 4 pieces of allocation this wholesale
  • If they have 4 retail orders that are buildable this cycle, all 4 pieces of allocation will be used on retail orders
  • If they only have 3 retail orders that are buildable, then 3 pieces of allocation will go towards those retail orders and the last piece of allocation will have to be used on a stock order
  • Any stock order scheduled this cycle DOES COUNT towards their FY guide estimate
  • Dealers should consider re-contacting customers with MIC roofs and offer the complementary MIC Roof Prep Kit along with the Soft Top Roof to maximize the number of retail orders getting scheduled this cycle (and minimize stock orders)

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

• If they have 4 retail orders that are buildable this cycle, all 4 pieces of allocation will be used on retail orders
  • If they only have 3 retail orders that are buildable, then 3 pieces of allocation will go towards those retail orders and the last piece of allocation will have to be used on a stock order
  • Any stock order scheduled this cycle DOES COUNT towards their FY guide estimate
  • Dealers should consider re-contacting customers with MIC roofs and offer the complementary MIC Roof Prep Kit along with the Soft Top Roof to maximize the number of retail orders getting scheduled this cycle (and minimize stock orders)
So is that for August production, or September? Is the MIC roof prep kit showing in the WBDO as an option?

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So is that for August production, or September? Is the MIC roof prep kit showing in the WBDO as an option?
September production...prep kit not showing back up as of today

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How isn't this info all over the front page here? I'm still waiting for the website servers to melt down after people see this hehe.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does this mean? Can someone translate for me?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It means you'll get it when you get it. And sadly, no one knows when that will be. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

they are going to give the dealers stock buildable units if your order isn’t buildable bc of the commodity constraints…

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Ford doesn't have the parts to build a customers truck, they'll build something they do have parts for.... such as a 4 door Base with 2.3 and softtop..... and giving them to dealers to be sold off their lots.

I'm not clear on this:
>>> Any stock order scheduled this cycle DOES COUNT towards their FY guide estimate <<<

I think it means, if a dealer gets 2 of those strippers (for stock), they will be considered as part of the dealers allocation for 2021, and 2 more of us won't get their trucks in 2021.

There isn't a great alternative. If Ford doesn't have the parts for 'our' trucks, they can either build nothing, or build those strippers as 'fill-ins' to be sold off dealer lots. We'll still get our trucks when the parts are available. Unfortunately, we'll likely be waiting longer than we originally thought..... but only due to the lack of parts, not due to the dealer's strippers for their lots.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might be overestimating many Dealers desire to fill a retail order over receiving a stock order there... but here's hoping they do! 😬 🤞

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The moment Ford tells us that a replacement MIC top will be available for the same $695 it costs from factory now, that is when I will change my order ;)

I'm not too keen on a top I don't like and then the prospect of having to pay $2500+ a few years later for a top I wanted all along. But that's just me.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The moment Ford tells us that a replacement MIC top will be available for the same $695 it costs from factory now, that is when I will change my order ;)

I'm not too keen on a top I don't like and then the prospect of having to pay $2500+ a few years later for a top I wanted all along. But that's just me.
And there lies the problem - the MIC top must be in the $3K range, as the $695 was the premium you would pay above the "standard" $2295 soft top. Add what it costs to ship something so large and bulky and the room it would take to "stock" those and you get why it is not a great prospect.

I rally wanted something like the Bestop JL Ultra Slantback top - the standard one that Ford has seems very "loose", and the Fastback one Ford (Bestop) offers on the accessories catalog does not appear to have the same operating functions and positions as the JK/JL one. But at least it can ship relatively cheaply as a softop kit. I think it will be time to wait and see what the aftermarket offers on that front.

I am fortunate in that I have a VIN, even if I have no idea of build date due to shutdowns (was 7/26). Before I got the VIN, I had not planned to change to the soft-top for the reasons above - but maybe the prep kit and the hope that I could buy a top later potentially from someone changing to a mod top might have swayed me. Not an easy decision given some of the disheartening news, for sure.
Sponsored