Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Have a july 15 reservation and a converted order in mid February with Dealer A. I am not happy with dealer A as they have maintained that any discounts available are "just scams on the internet forums."

I had a conversation with Dealer B last week. Dealer B is willing to include my order as part of their offer of preferred pricing for a group from THIS forum. I've spoken with the sales manager and had a PM exchange with someone else locally here who says the deal is legit.

I spoke to Ford today. The only way to get this to happen apparently is to get dealer A to transfer the order to dealer B. We all know that is not going to happen. The only other thing Ford said I can do is to just place a new order (for a '24?) -

any one, particularly dealer insiders, have any ideas on how I can effect his transfer? I can only think of threatening to post on social media all over about their own shady behavior.

thanks
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I Have a july 15 reservation and a converted order in mid February with Dealer A. I am not happy with dealer A as they have maintained that any discounts available are "just scams on the internet forums."

I had a conversation with Dealer B last week. Dealer B is willing to include my order as part of their offer of preferred pricing for a group from THIS forum. I've spoken with the sales manager and had a PM exchange with someone else locally here who says the deal is legit.

I spoke to Ford today. The only way to get this to happen apparently is to get dealer A to transfer the order to dealer B. We all know that is not going to happen. The only other thing Ford said I can do is to just place a new order (for a '24?) -

any one, particularly dealer insiders, have any ideas on how I can effect his transfer? I can only think of threatening to post on social media all over about their own shady behavior.

thanks
Sadly changes needed to be done back in March from what I understand. I take it the Bronco help line (whatever that # was, Ford marketing or something?) couldn't help either?

My best guess is, try and reason with the dealer. See if they would be willing to transfer to Dealer #2. If being nice doesn't work, you can always try idle threats, not sure how far I would take them. Because if in the end they don't transfer anyways, well now you have a pissed off dealer who controls your order.

Good luck though.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer I bought my new Ranger Tremor from a few weeks ago isn’t the same dealer as my bronco order.. and the new dealer very much wanted my bronco order to be transferred. Said it would be zero problems. I don’t know if that helps ya any.

This was maybe 2 weeks ago.

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer I bought my new Ranger Tremor from a few weeks ago isn’t the same dealer as my bronco order.. and the new dealer very much wanted my bronco order to be transferred. Said it would be zero problems. I don’t know if that helps ya any.

This was maybe 2 weeks ago.
yes, I have thought of the "my wife is interested in the Mach-E" conversation..

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has the dealer changed their pricing since you placed the order with them?
Didn't you agree to a price at the time of placing the order?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should talk with the GM at dealer A in person and tell him your story, and plead for his cooperation. If the conversation does not seem to be going well, tell him about this forum specifically and that you will share your situation (with details) publicly. Hopefully it won't need to come to that but maybe worth a shot?

EDIT - scratch this advice if pricing was already agreed on and no changes have been made.

Last edited:

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally, it was your responsibility to secure your pricing and deal before the order was finalized. Going back on that fact and threatening the dealer is not something I would do. I'm simply not a fan of people threatening things on social media and the whole cancel culture thing.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, it was your responsibility to secure your pricing and deal before the order was finalized. Going back on that fact and threatening the dealer is not something I would do. I'm simply not a fan of people threatening things on social media and the whole cancel culture thing.
This is a good point, especially if the pricing has been the same all along. If OP was not happy with pricing when submitting the order, why not change back then?

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP said, "I can only think of threatening to post on social media all over about their own shady behavior."

Wait, are you threatening to reveal that car dealers aren't always honest and don't always act with integrity.

I'm pretty sure your dealer won't be motivated by that possibility. Most dealers pride themselves on the crap they pull to make money.

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a good point, especially if the pricing has been the same all along. If OP was not happy with pricing when submitting the order, why not change back then?
It's not that OP was "happy with pricing all along," it is that OP has learned that the whole time dealer was lying through his teeth and yes @GiveItaTri - we all know what reputations shady dealers have. Yes it should have been buyer beware...

Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP said, "I can only think of threatening to post on social media all over about their own shady behavior."

Wait, are you threatening to reveal that car dealers aren't always honest and don't always act with integrity.

I'm pretty sure your dealer won't be motivated by that possibility. Most dealers pride themselves on the crap they pull to make money.
Well, he stated the dealer has basically maintained its stance on pricing, not willing to match discounts seen from dealers here. If that makes them shady, because OP made a deal, was OK with pricing, said pricing hasn't changed, then I don't know what to say. I guess every dealer would be shady with that kind of reasoning.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not that OP was "happy with pricing all along," it is that OP has learned that the whole time dealer was lying through his teeth and yes @GiveItaTri - we all know what reputations shady dealers have. Yes it should have been buyer beware...
What did they lie to you about?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Buyer beware I suppose, but there was a lot of time to shop around prior to placing the order. So is the dealer charging MSRP, which is probably what 90% of dealers are charging, or are they really marking it up? How many dealers did you discuss price with before placing the order?

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW, I had dozens of customers ask me about pricing they had seen on this forum. I told them I fully understood why small dealers were doing what they were doing, and that I was perfectly Ok with them transferring the reservation if they felt like price was the most deciding factor for them. I did caution them all about how they would severely delay their order and that was the trade off for getting the better price....eventually.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I had dozens of customers ask me about pricing they had seen on this forum. I told them I fully understood why small dealers were doing what they were doing, and that I was perfectly Ok with them transferring the reservation if they felt like price was the most deciding factor for them. I did caution them all about how they would severely delay their order and that was the trade off for getting the better price....eventually.
How many of your customers have taken delivery of their Bronco?
Sponsored