Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My final allocation was 131. I converted 173 reservations out of 250 reservations I had dated prior to Sept 19th. I also took a different approach than other dealers and I cancelled reservation holders prior to Sept 19th after my 5th attempt to call or email them with no response. So factoring in some of the 250 that cancelled on their own, plus the ones I cancelled myself, I was left with 197 converted reservations active prior to Sept 19th. Additionally, since I saw Ford was actually producing stats to us on conversions with data past Sept 19th reservation holders, I converted every one of those that I could and also placed those in the order bank with real orders. That proved to be the right call as I've already had one of those pulled for production. Ford provides the stats to us live at any given time, which I've included below. To date, I have 218 actual real orders at code 19, and 42 that are 42 that are 99 because they want to wait for a 2022.

So as you can see, if we went purely off of reservations prior to Sept 19th, 131 allocations is well beyond what has been seen here. Maybe I guessed right doing it the way I did or it could be because I'm a giant store. I don't know. But as of right now, I've widdled ALL my reservations down to 260, and I'm getting 131 for MY 2021. I'd say my customers have a better shot than most.
bronco fmcdealer 1.PNG
bronco fmcdealer 2.PNG
This is incredible data. Thank you. As you mention, this is far from anything that has been shared here to date.

I did a quick search just prior to you posting this and found two other dealers who shared enough data to be able to crunch similar numbers.

One had a 89% conversion rate of pre-sept reservations and ended up with a 35.6% allocation ratio for MY21.

The other had a 100% conversation rate and reported a 40% allocation ratio for MY21. (slightly vague on that, not sure whether that person meant 40% total, or just 40% of conversions who did not opt for MY22).

(While there is nearly a 5% difference in allocation ratio, it only represents a difference of about 3 broncos total in MY21 between the two dealers)

Your 66.4% allocation ratio is incredible (131/197)... and I mean that because we have at least one report on the board (that I found this morning) of a zone rep who stated that the roughly 30-40% ratio was standard across his board (both in estimations and in final numbers)... and yours is twice that.

Your approach to cancel the reservations on behalf of people who did not respond may have helped, but the second dealer that I found reported a 100% conversion as well, so I'm not sure that's entirely it...

...Assuming there isn't any clever "gaming" that got by Ford's formula (such as your late reservation conversions as well), I wonder if the difference all comes down to 4x4 market and previous sales?

Now I just want MORE DATA.

Thank you so much!
Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now I just want MORE DATA.

Thank you so much!
No problem. My dealer met with Farley today at lunch. He's supposed to be getting some insight on the '22 MY allocation formula as well. If I hear anything of significance, I'll pass it along.

I personally don't think dealers are going to have their allocation numbers fulfilled for '21 MY either. Although I was told 131, I really don't expect to get that many this year because of the shortages. If I were a betting man, I'd say I'd be lucky to get 90-100.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to see pics of your tremor ranger a d congrats how are you liking the truck
[/QU
Would love to see pics of your tremor ranger a d congrats how are you liking the truck
Its quite amazing
Absolutely amazing truck. The suspension upgrades are substantial. Rides like a dream on road and off road it’s essentially a baby Raptor. I was able to go 50+ down sandy desert washes and just flew over obstacles. Ground clearance is a few inches under the Bronco though.
Ford Bronco Transferring Dealers with existing order 2AB3541C-AA4A-437F-A746-69F6BD712BF7

Ford Bronco Transferring Dealers with existing order 833DED88-08CB-4B27-83A8-9AC24C7D69D5

Ford Bronco Transferring Dealers with existing order CB58FDD7-FE3C-48DE-91A9-3C031E9B6891

That last one just shows the suspension fully flexed out on an ATV trail. Really solid performance!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely amazing truck. The suspension upgrades are substantial. Rides like a dream on road and off road it’s essentially a baby Raptor. I was able to go 50+ down sandy desert washes and just flew over obstacles. Ground clearance is a few inches under the Bronco though.
Ford Bronco Transferring Dealers with existing order CB58FDD7-FE3C-48DE-91A9-3C031E9B6891

That last one just shows the suspension fully flexed out on an ATV trail. Really solid performance!
That is a really nice truck

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I had dozens of customers ask me about pricing they had seen on this forum. I told them I fully understood why small dealers were doing what they were doing, and that I was perfectly Ok with them transferring the reservation if they felt like price was the most deciding factor for them. I did caution them all about how they would severely delay their order and that was the trade off for getting the better price....eventually.
Ah, there’s that claim again… made by dealer’s but never backed up with math or explanation.
I’ve heard that claim frequently, too, Zack, and usually by other dealers making drive-by comments in the Granger or Stephens threads.

However, sometimes the narrative doesn’t prove out in the real world. Like, for example, on this recent exchange.
You have 50 scheduled already? I don't remember what you posted was your final allocation, but wasn't it a shade over 100?
108. If rumors (and mind you, they're just rumors as I haven't been told this directly) are true, the rest will be scheduled in the next few days.

/john
Just seems very odd to me as I look at your mix that got scheduled. I have more allocation than you, and I only have 26 scheduled so far. Seems weird to me they already have half of yours scheduled. I'll have to make some inquiries. Thanks for letting me know.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My final allocation was 131. I converted 173 reservations out of 250 reservations I had dated prior to Sept 19th. I also took a different approach than other dealers and I cancelled reservation holders prior to Sept 19th after my 5th attempt to call or email them with no response. So factoring in some of the 250 that cancelled on their own, plus the ones I cancelled myself, I was left with 197 converted reservations active prior to Sept 19th. Additionally, since I saw Ford was actually producing stats to us on conversions with data past Sept 19th reservation holders, I converted every one of those that I could and also placed those in the order bank with real orders. That proved to be the right call as I've already had one of those pulled for production. Ford provides the stats to us live at any given time, which I've included below. To date, I have 218 actual real orders at code 19, and 42 that are 42 that are 99 because they want to wait for a 2022.

So as you can see, if we went purely off of reservations prior to Sept 19th, 131 allocations is well beyond what has been seen here. Maybe I guessed right doing it the way I did or it could be because I'm a giant store. I don't know. But as of right now, I've widdled ALL my reservations down to 260, and I'm getting 131 for MY 2021. I'd say my customers have a better shot than most.
Widdled?
Sponsored