Transmission issue

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am currently working with Ford on my issue, but has anyone else experienced any transmission issues with their 2.3? I posted a little while back on this. I have a 22 OBX with a little over 4400 miles I picked up in February and the day after I got it, it has "fallen out of gear" is what I call it, a handful of times. What I mean is, after a stop, at a light or stop sign and you go to take off, truck doesn't go anywhere, just revs as if it is in neutral, then it goes, not with a violent jolt or anything, you can't feel it go back into gear. I haven't been able to get it in, but will have the chance this week. It did it again yesterday to a point where I thought I was going to have to have it towed, worst episode to date. No dash warning lights of any kind have ever popped up.
Sponsored

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Take it in!

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only have 1,234 miles (yes really) on my OBX and haven't had that issue or anything close to it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am currently working with Ford on my issue, but has anyone else experienced any transmission issues with their 2.3? I posted a little while back on this. I have a 22 OBX with a little over 4400 miles I picked up in February and the day after I got it, it has "fallen out of gear" is what I call it, a handful of times. What I mean is, after a stop, at a light or stop sign and you go to take off, truck doesn't go anywhere, just revs as if it is in neutral, then it goes, not with a violent jolt or anything, you can't feel it go back into gear. I haven't been able to get it in, but will have the chance this week. It did it again yesterday to a point where I thought I was going to have to have it towed, worst episode to date. No dash warning lights of any kind have ever popped up.
Automatic? It's a complicated black box. Cross your fingers and hope they don't have an issue. (Have had much better luck with manuals over the long haul.)

OP
OP
Brockdog12

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Automatic? It's a complicated black box. Cross your fingers and hope they don't have an issue. (Have had much better luck with manuals over the long haul.)
Yes, automatic. Never had any issues with my 2.3 2019 Ranger. We'll see what they say when I get it dropped off.

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never had anything like that happen to me. The trans in my 2.7 does hang out for a bit too long after 1st gear, and takes an annoying amount of time to shift to 2nd, but it sounds that that's just part of this trans.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello! send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly what was happening in the 2.7 2 Door I used at the Off-Roadeo. Initially I thought I was imagining the lag as it also never “clunked” or revealed an audible engagement. Throughout the day I never found a consistent pattern in regards to starting on a hill, whether or not I was stopped in drive or just took it out of park etc. It was all very random. Good luck getting yours sorted out!

OP
OP
Brockdog12

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is exactly what was happening in the 2.7 2 Door I used at the Off-Roadeo. Initially I thought I was imagining the lag as it also never “clunked” or revealed an audible engagement. Throughout the day I never found a consistent pattern in regards to starting on a hill, whether or not I was stopped in drive or just took it out of park etc. It was all very random. Good luck getting yours sorted out!
Thanks! Keep monitoring your's for sure.

Brwn79bronco

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06mustang 99f250 79bronco 79f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going on 5 weeks with out my bronco waiting for a transmission replacement with no ETA. Got stuck with a ford escape for a loner. 3000 miles 7 speed manual

OP
OP
Brockdog12

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Took mine in last Thursday, called yesterday, they haven’t touched it yet. I’m having the window hanging when opening the door fixed and the oil changed. As for the transmission, my main concern, they told me it could be two weeks or longer before they get a chance to look at that, I told them to do the other two things and I’ll pick it up and drive it till transmission fails.
Sponsored