Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 Badlands - 11k miles and to date not a single issue. Did a solid wash to get some mud off this morning, drove around town to speed up the drying process and parked it. Came back out to clear space in the driveway and all of a sudden "Transmission Not in Park" warning on my dash. Shifted to park, put in reverse, same message. Put it in drive, same message. In either reverse or drive if you're above 2mph it goes away but the second you're back to <2mph it reappears.

Been trying to research this and alot of people include this as a symptom of "doors off" warnings, which is not the case for me and hasnt been for a good few weeks and decent amount of driving since. I also saw some suggest that the vehicle automatically engaged the parking brake so I checked that, not the case either in my experience.

What the heck is this and how the heck do I stop the incessant "do do do" chimes???
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forscan will stop the chimes, but you have to know what you’re doing… which I do not. I am getting these same error messages with my doors off. I hit the ok and it stops though, does yours not? I know your doors aren’t off but maybe disconnect the door connections and reconnect and see if that resolves the issue?

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ive had-that but usually its cuz my seatbelt is off

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it only happened after you washed it, I'd pay close attention to any electrical connections. It should be high enough to crawl under and check the connectors on the transmission in particular. I'd presume its actually in park if it does not roll down your driveway. It's quite easy for water to get into an unseated connector, or one that may be missing a backside plug for unused terminals. We get that quite often on the equipment I service. Unless you run your house water through a full filter system, there will be plenty of dissolved minerals and other contaminants that conduct low voltage signals that could cause false readings for the BCM/ECU.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2021 Badlands - 11k miles and to date not a single issue. Did a solid wash to get some mud off this morning, drove around town to speed up the drying process and parked it. Came back out to clear space in the driveway and all of a sudden "Transmission Not in Park" warning on my dash. Shifted to park, put in reverse, same message. Put it in drive, same message. In either reverse or drive if you're above 2mph it goes away but the second you're back to <2mph it reappears.

Been trying to research this and alot of people include this as a symptom of "doors off" warnings, which is not the case for me and hasnt been for a good few weeks and decent amount of driving since. I also saw some suggest that the vehicle automatically engaged the parking brake so I checked that, not the case either in my experience.

What the heck is this and how the heck do I stop the incessant "do do do" chimes???
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s error message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry all didnt have a chance to log back in after the initial post.

I've had a chance to really learn Forscan and did the chime delete change immediately, months ago and its been perfect.

Additionally the washing car/electrical connection is a valid point as that became a problem with my traffic sensor in the rear left panel. Had to remove the panels, disconnect the sensor and thoroughly clean the connector before it finally went away. A ton of mud got jammed in there from a pressure washer by mistake which caused that issue.

Regarding seatbelt/door order of operation when starting I will say this emphatically -- never has this occurred prior to the other day which was why I freaked out. Driven without doors, starting before I put my seatbelt on, never been an issue. I drove just before I had to move my truck when I saw this, so I went back in to test the seatbelt on, door closed, before starting the vehicle and that ultimately eliminated the error. Ironically just yesterday I resorted back to starting the truck before i put my belt on or closed the door and no error at all.

@Ford Motor Company thank you for the reachout but it seems now I can at least prevent the error from occurring. Still weird that it only now came up but no harm no foul. Thanks all.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had that with doors open and/or seatbelts off. Not while in park though