Sponsored

Transporting tops/doors inside 2-door Bronco?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have read that the Bronco doors only fit inside the 4 door Bronco as the back is not wide enough on the 2 door Bronco. If anyone has been able to cover the doors and put one in the backseat and one in the very back of the 2-door, etc. please let me know. What about transporting hardtop roofs/softtop windows? Can you fit the driver/passenger only piece of the MIC hardtop, or future modular top vertically behind the back seat or anything without it sticking out too much? My guess is not really, but if anyone is doing this let me know. Do the soft top windows slide under the back seats so they are protected and out of the way, but still available when needed?

Just trying to get an idea of the options I should order on 9/13, if Ford makes the modular top an option again(know it will take at least a year), etc. Ford does show the softtop(from Besttop) as an option on the 2-door, but the only way I see you can even buy it is when ordering the Bronco(not showing on Besttop website)

Thanks,

Dan
Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have read that the Bronco doors only fit inside the 4 door Bronco as the back is not wide enough on the 2 door Bronco. If anyone has been able to cover the doors and put one in the backseat and one in the very back of the 2-door, etc. please let me know. What about transporting hardtop roofs/softtop windows? Can you fit the driver/passenger only piece of the MIC hardtop, or future modular top vertically behind the back seat or anything without it sticking out too much? My guess is not really, but if anyone is doing this let me know. Do the soft top windows slide under the back seats so they are protected and out of the way, but still available when needed?

Just trying to get an idea of the options I should order on 9/13, if Ford makes the modular top an option again(know it will take at least a year), etc. Ford does show the softtop(from Besttop) as an option on the 2-door, but the only way I see you can even buy it is when ordering the Bronco(not showing on Besttop website)

Thanks,

Dan
I saw a 2DR today for the first time and in my opinion the only thing that will fit in the cargo space is the two front roof panels. Soft top maybe depending on how much it rolls or folds up, the windows should fit somewhere pretty easily though.

I don't think either of the doors will fit or be safe to transport in the 2DR, and by safe I mean not damaging the doors in the process. I have resigned myself to leaving the doors and roof at home when I want them all off and praying for the best.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info on the doors. If that is the case, I will probably just leave my doors on the majority of the time with the top off. Sure, if it is nice then I will throw them in the garage for a few days, but that is why I like the frameless doors so much better on the Bronco. I hate Jeeps with the full size framed doors on, and I think the Bronco is why Jeep brought back their half door option. I sat in the Bronco with the top down and doors on/windows down and still feels open and great.

If anyone can confirm driver/passenger front part of the tops fit decently in the back(without sticking up too much vertically) let me know. I just want to be able to cruise around with the top off and if it starts raining,. etc pull into a gas station and throw on cover for the front seats/roll up windows and be sorted. If you guys think those pieces stick out too much, then I will lean towards either softtop that is rolled back, or aftermarket bikini top(if they are available yet)

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You need to get a small utility trailer and can then haul the doors and top panels around in a two door. The Bronco has just enough tow rating for this.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's my plan as well roof will be coming off a lot more than the doors. Plus with the roof off and the doors on it kinda reminds me of the Blazer Roy Scheider drove in Jaws my favorite movie.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - Having the doors off is awesome, but when it is partly cloudy every other day, and you also worry about eventually accidently scratching your doors against something in the garage while taking them off, etc. I think I will usually keep doors on/top down unless I see a few days of it being clear on the weather, etc. Forgot about that Jaws look, but I am all about it. Thanks

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the info on the doors. If that is the case, I will probably just leave my doors on the majority of the time with the top off. Sure, if it is nice then I will throw them in the garage for a few days, but that is why I like the frameless doors so much better on the Bronco. I hate Jeeps with the full size framed doors on, and I think the Bronco is why Jeep brought back their half door option. I sat in the Bronco with the top down and doors on/windows down and still feels open and great.

If anyone can confirm driver/passenger front part of the tops fit decently in the back(without sticking up too much vertically) let me know. I just want to be able to cruise around with the top off and if it starts raining,. etc pull into a gas station and throw on cover for the front seats/roll up windows and be sorted. If you guys think those pieces stick out too much, then I will lean towards either softtop that is rolled back, or aftermarket bikini top(if they are available yet)
I had put the front panels in the back of my 2 door cargo area. They fill the back to the point were you have to till them and tuck them up to clear the rear speakers. From what I remember, they sit lower then the bottom of the "roll bar".
Sponsored