First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered my Wildtrak 4D through Chapman, in Philly, so I'll have to drive it about 14 hours to get it back to Charleston. I bought both the MIC and soft top, and it kinda just dawned upon me that I'll need to travel home with both tops.

Has anyone else done this? I assume I'd need to have the MIC top on, with the soft top stowed in the cargo area, and probably have both rear seats down. It'll just be my son and I, with probably an overnight bag.

JR
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have taken my soft top completely off and put it in the back with the seats down. No issues.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored
OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s probably the Bestop soft top. You can buy it as a dealer installed accessory alongside the MIC top
Maybe? This is my order (redacted, of course).

JR

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 4.36.22 PM.png

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This appears to be what I ordered, from the Build & Price site.

JR

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 4.48.13 PM.png

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This appears to be what I ordered, from the Build & Price site.

JR

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 4.48.13 PM.png
That's the Bestop soft top (not OEM). So this makes more sense now. Essentially just added an aftermarket product to your order from the dealer. It's a good product though from what I hear.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's the Bestop soft top (not OEM). So this makes more sense now. Essentially just added an aftermarket product to your order from the dealer. It's a good product though from what I hear.
Thanks for the reply. Seems like I could have bought it more cheaply directly from Bestop, but I assume that if it's a dealer installed option, the dealer is on the hook for the 51 pages of installation instructions?

JR

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the reply. Seems like I could have bought it more cheaply directly from Bestop, but I assume that if it's a dealer installed option, the dealer is on the hook for the 51 pages of installation instructions?

JR
How would the dealer install it if you plan on keeping the hard top on?

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How would the dealer install it if you plan on keeping the hard top on?
Looking at the installation instructions, it looks like there are a couple plates that need to be installed on the chassis (without the hard top), but the vast majority is assembly of the frame. I'd assume that the additional $500 on top of the Bestop price would go towards assembly of the frame and installation of the fabric on the frame. It would seem pretty dumb if I had to pay $500 for the pleasure of purchasing the top, transporting it home in boxes, and assembling it myself.

Perhaps the final installation on the vehicle would be done by me, but I'd think it should be ready to install the final assembly by the time I leave the dealership.

JR

AdamP

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got the Bestop (not knowing actually). I chose both the MIC hard top and the soft top (Bestop came with my Bronco).
I had the dealership install (probably with the $500 extra to save 4-5 hrs on the install!). Great soft top for the summer. Living in MI now looking at going back to the hard top for the winter, the removal seems a little daunting of a task.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got the Bestop (not knowing actually). I chose both the MIC hard top and the soft top (Bestop came with my Bronco).
I had the dealership install (probably with the $500 extra to save 4-5 hrs on the install!). Great soft top for the summer. Living in MI now looking at going back to the hard top for the winter, the removal seems a little daunting of a task.
I've watched several videos of the install process. It's a bunch of brackets, but removal of everything should be fairly straightforward. In Charleston, I'd use the hard top during the summer and the soft top during the winter. What I'm still trying to figure out is whether or not you need new soft parts (gaskets, etc) for each time you go back to the Bestop.

I'll be installing the Bestop as soon as I get her home, and won't worry about going to the hard top until September of next year, so I have some time.

JR
Sponsored