Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got mine pre ordered. Gonna order paint to make it match my actual bronco.
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn these have come a long way in the last 20Y! I had a mid-price battery powered RC Baja type truck back then and it would suck down the 1.5 Ah battery in about 10 mins. With that kind of range thereā€™s no point in the single cylinder gas powered ones any more.
Unless you like the noise and smell of nitro engines. Which was what I always ran once I got into RC. But these days, electric is just insanely fast and you don't have to tune the engines all of the time.

My first hobby RC was a Kyosho Sandmaster ST-2 which came out in 1998. I upgraded the suspension, exhaust, tires, radio, air filter, painted custom bodies, etc. It was great fun tweaking these little cars from stock.

Last edited:

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not familiar with Traxxas, for the $550 does that include everything you need to run? Or do you need a controller and battery pack also? Looks like a fun hobby to try.
Traxxas pretty much pioneered the RTR (Read to Run) genre of RC cars back in the day. They made it a lot easier for people to get into the hobby. And their electronics are honestly pretty decent. Because the brand is so popular you can get a lot of custom upgrades for them.

Last edited:

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh hell yeah! The traxxas TRX platform is awesome. Just finished building a defender 110. But I may have to remove the 110 body and go with the bronco. Of course the wheel base probably shorter. I think the trx has two wheelbase options.

its probably already been mentioned but this comes with dual lockers and two speed trans. Most RC crawlers are only fun for crawling, because the diffs are spooled. With this one itā€™s lock on the fly. Canā€™t wait to get one.

9EF10EB2-03FE-4E79-9641-3C8FB892753A.jpeg

46D45CCF-9375-42D6-9DA3-A87DEE5028EB.jpeg
There have been some that have confirmed that the Defender is on the same chassis if yours is the 324mm wheelbase chassis. If so, you would just have to swap the bodies. The wheelbase is supposed to be the same for the Bronco, you may be in luck.

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There have been some that have confirmed that the Defender is on the same chassis if yours is the 324mm wheelbase chassis. If so, you would just have to swap the bodies. The wheelbase is supposed to be the same for the Bronco, you may be in luck.
good to know. Mine is the classic kit with an after market defender body on it. But I think it is the longer chassis. Iā€™m pretty sure I extended the wheelbase when I built it. Itā€™s been a year, so donā€™t remember exactly what I did.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered my Rapid Red this morning with the local hobby shop.
They told me it would ship on 5/27 and typically they receive it in about 5 days.
We'll see...

So what's the best battery and charger to get? I would prefer more runtime if say the cost isn't all that much more? I have a REVO 3.3 from quite a few years ago so this will be my first venture in "Electric". I'm also thinking the advanced LED lighting is a must, lol.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yall are in for spending on accessories for your new RC Bronco...

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They told me it would ship on 5/27 and typically they receive it in about 5 days.
We'll see...

So what's the best battery and charger to get? I would prefer more runtime if say the cost isn't all that much more? I have a REVO 3.3 from quite a few years ago so this will be my first venture in "Electric". I'm also thinking the advanced LED lighting is a must, lol.
Traxxas stuff is real pricey, but good. The Traxxas EZ-Peak charger is good and supports non Traxxas batteries. Look at Zee brand batteries off Amazon. You only need 2s LIPO stuff in an off road crawler.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully I can find just the body to replace the 79 body on my existing TRX-4 Bronco.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We'll see...

For someone just getting into electric I'd just go with the Traxxas batteries and charger. Then you're not not dealing with adapters, balance leads, or dealing with soldering new plugs onto anything.

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I won't be buying till they make a 2 door version. Sorry, I said what I said.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully I can find just the body to replace the 79 body on my existing TRX-4 Bronco.
The body will be available soon. Kinda pricey tho.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Visited my local shop today and said they will contact me when they get a red one in, Iā€™m first on their list

now I just need to wait for my email :rolleyes:
Sponsored