Sponsored

Tree sap on MIC hard top - how to remove?

Shawshank

Outer Banks
First Name
Shandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 1998
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Searchdawg we have this happen at our place every year.
Use rubbing alcohol. Takes it right off without any weakening/damaging any finishes. ✌🏻
Sponsored

Shawshank

Outer Banks
First Name
Shandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 1998
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Apologies in advance for offering this up as it isn't a "proven solution" but, if it was my top, I'd try a tar remover. I mostly have Carpro products and have some of their Tar X but have not had any occasion to use it, yet, it's just one of those things you'd rather have and not need. It's not solvent based and it's ph neutral so out of the box it's compliant with Ford's guidelines. I'm sure other tar removers with similar (no solvent and neutral) formulations could probably get it done.
no need for any thing like that. Rubbing alcohol takes it right off without damaging any underlying surface or finish.
Our neighbours have huge pine trees that limbs reach over our parking spots on the street. So we have to deal with it every year

Shawshank

Outer Banks
First Name
Shandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 1998
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trade it in. Get new Bronco.

All seriousness, depending on the drips, use a razor blade to remove the bigger portion, then dawn, or something.
I’m replying to a bunch of people on here just so you have the info in the future. Rubbing alcohol takes tree sap right off. Without damaging the underlying surface or finish.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chain saw. Oh you mean getting rid of the tree sap already on your MIC. I would think car wash soap.

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have a solution to removing tree sap from a MIC hardtop? Manual states to only use mild detergent when cleaning MIC HT. Yeah, that doesn’t remove sap. Don’t want to have deterioration or discoloration using chemicals. Only offer up proven solutions please. Thanks.
Did you find a safe and effective solution or can you give feedback on what NOT to do?
Sponsored