Sponsored

Trektop owners, what did you do with your factory soft top?

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m interested in getting the Trektop for my Bronco, and I am curious what others have done with their factory soft top? Is their a market to sell it? I don’t really have room to keep an extra one sitting around.
Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not, but I do plan on selling. There are enough hard top owners out there who want a factory soft top for when the weather is nice out.

I’ve seen a few posted and marked sold in the market place section. Also a few people saying they want to buy

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also interested in selling mine. Get my bestop next week. How much are they selling for?

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just put my Bestop on last weekend as well, I'm going to list my factory top asap.

OP
OP
805BaseSquatch

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those who do sell it, are you shipping it or making the new owner pick it up? Seems like it would be a pain to ship

Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not, but I do plan on selling. There are enough hard top owners out there who want a factory soft top for when the weather is nice out.

I’ve seen a few posted and marked sold in the market place section. Also a few people saying they want to buy
This is the correct answer. I plan on snatching one up once my rig gets in and if shipping isnt insane.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those who do sell it, are you shipping it or making the new owner pick it up? Seems like it would be a pain to ship
With current freight prices, it hardly seems worth buying anything if you have to have it shipped. I’d buy someone’s take off soft top if the price was reasonable, I’d even drive several hours to pick it up, but I’m not paying an extra 5 hundred or more to have it shipped.

If I do find someone close enough to me looking to sell theirs cheap enough, how collapsible are they? Would it fold up and fit in the back of the bronco easy enough? How long would it take to just install it right on the spot? Is there any extra hardware needed to install it on a bronco that came with a hard top? Or is there any hard top hardware that needs to be removed to install a soft top?

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also want to know if the trek top is quieter?

I did test drive a hard top and soft top back to back at the dealership and there was not a huge difference between the sound levels on the interstate. Hoping the trek top brings the volume down a little more.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am also interested in selling mine. Get my bestop next week. How much are they selling for?
I see someone selling theirs right now for a thousand. Seems a little steep to me, I’d probably rather spend the $1400 for a brand new trek top than $1000 for a used oem. Maybe I’m just cheap, but I don’t see myself spending more than $700 for one. It‘s not something that I need at all, just something I’d kinda like to have.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see someone selling theirs right now for a thousand. Seems a little steep to me, I’d probably rather spend the $1400 for a brand new trek top than $1000 for a used oem. Maybe I’m just cheap, but I don’t see myself spending more than $700 for one. It‘s not something that I need at all, just something I’d kinda like to have.
You realize an oem top is over 2k retail. So yes you are cheap. :)

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that trek top is vinyl at $1400.00. The canvas trek top is $1800.00 if I remember correctly. So they undercut the OEM equivalent by a few hundred.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn’t know they were that much, but it just not something that I need. Like I said, the trek top is $1400, so I’d rather buy that than a used top for $1000. So fine, I’m cheap, but that’s what it’s worth to me. As many people as there are who switched to a soft top just to get their bronco sooner, there will be plenty for sale as soon as there are reasonably priced hard tops available.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trek and Ford soft top noise level is about the same I like the Trek appearance and design much better.

Last weekend as the rain started to fall, I was able to flip the top closed and latched it while stopped at a traffic light. That was not possible with the Ford top.
Sponsored