Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen a couple people on this thread that indicated they’re getting soft top from the factory and getting the hard top once there are more options. That was my route also. I saw on this FAQ below that it’s a no go. Mostly because the wiper hookups won’t be there. Not sure if that’s a deal breaker for anyone. Just wanted to point that out.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/faqs-3-25-21-pdf.102590/
Correct. And whether this matters is hotly debated in the forum.

Yes, any Bronco not optioned with a hardtop from the factory will not have the rear defroster, wiper, and washer hookup, nor the harness and tubing running all the way to the back, nor the center stack rear defroster button, nor the steering stalk rear wiper controls...

...and hard tops will likely cost at least double over the parts counter than they do from the factory...

But!

That’s not stopping some people from choosing this route anyway. They figure they won’t need any of the rear washer stuff, and the tops should still mate up no problem.

Personally, I’m of the camp that if you want a hard top, get it from the factory.
Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on the fence about the Trektop 2 door soft top. On one hand it’s great that it goes nearly all the way back to open up the cabin without having to remove the rear or side windows, so that’s great for pulling it back quickly for short trips. And I really like the safari look with all of the windows off. But, it’s also a bummer that it doesn’t go all the way down in the back like a convertible, so there’s a lot of folded twill top material back there overhead for people in the back seat. Just not sure I want to pay $2,300 for this 2 door Bestop Trektop when something might show up by late this year or early next year that goes all the way down on a 2 door.

Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers 5B5F3180-2974-43B4-A515-82B341918890

Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers 9E6F9B70-0BB5-4BB3-A2F7-D70137C1EF8B

Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers 888748B0-EE9C-45FE-BB24-AB347BF0EA24

Jacobmic

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can we NOT get an ugly fastback top? They really screwed us 2 door guys on that. Fasback top looks like crap. I hate it.

Jacobmic

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly. That was always the better option. The factory ragtop is underwhelming IMO.
Yeah, but at least the factory didn't force you to go crapback. Thing looks f***ing terrible, bruh.

Sponsored

KKOSH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS, GT500, EXPEDITION, EXPLORER, EDGE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m on the fence about the Trektop 2 door soft top. On one hand it’s great that it goes nearly all the way back to open up the cabin without having to remove the rear or side windows, so that’s great for pulling it back quickly for short trips. And I really like the safari look with all of the windows off. But, it’s also a bummer that it doesn’t go all the way down in the back like a convertible, so there’s a lot of folded twill top material back there overhead for people in the back seat. Just not sure I want to pay $2,300 for this 2 door Bestop Trektop when something might show up by late this year or early next year that goes all the way down on a 2 door.

Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers 888748B0-EE9C-45FE-BB24-AB347BF0EA24

I agree. The thing though I don't like the most is seeing the soft top rails covering the painted roll bar. Changes the looks drastically. But I really like how it looks with the top up showing the fast back! Dont know what to do at this point. :(

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, but at least the factory didn't force you to go crapback. Thing looks f***ing terrible, bruh.
Style is always subjective, but it doesn't look very Bronco like with the fastback. I haven't researched what Bestop is offering for the Bronco, but I assume they will be offering a more normal top for the Bronco based on what they sell for Jeeps. I'd also assume all the Bestop offerings will be more practical and higher quality then the Ford design

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve seen a couple people on this thread that indicated they’re getting soft top from the factory and getting the hard top once there are more options. That was my route also. I saw on this FAQ below that it’s a no go. Mostly because the wiper hookups won’t be there. Not sure if that’s a deal breaker for anyone. Just wanted to point that out.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/faqs-3-25-21-pdf.102590/
Yes, and it could effect a future owner who might want to install a hard top, only to find out that the wiper, washer and defrost wont work.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct. And whether this matters is hotly debated in the forum.

Yes, any Bronco not optioned with a hardtop from the factory will not have the rear defroster, wiper, and washer hookup, nor the harness and tubing running all the way to the back, nor the center stack rear defroster button, nor the steering stalk rear wiper controls...

...and hard tops will likely cost at least double over the parts counter than they do from the factory...

But!

That’s not stopping some people from choosing this route anyway. They figure they won’t need any of the rear washer stuff, and the tops should still mate up no problem.

Personally, I’m of the camp that if you want a hard top, get it from the factory.
I agree, am getting the hardtop first, will remove panels for now, or use the clip on bimini/bikini top for awhile. I expect that within a year or two, there will be several more aftermarket top options, and all will be well for those who wait . . . Or buy the twill top for the warm months when available . . . Which here in SC, is more than half of the year!

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone ordered one of these tops yet?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone ordered one of these tops yet?
No, I'm waiting to see, feel and get feedback on the 4-5 soft top options, before I plunk down 1,500 to 2,200 for a seasonal convertible top. When my Bronco comes with hardtop, I'm going to work with the removable panels first (4dr). As I understand it right now, options include:

1. There's a (reportedly) lightweight black vinyl softtop which is OEM. This is likely to last at most 5 years in the SC Summer. Costs about $1,500 from parts dept if you manage to get the car OEM with a hard top. Folds half on top, or all the way down around the back vehicle supports.
2, 3: there are two accessory heavy twill/heavy vinyl tops, one in Twill, the other in a smoother vinyl. Both are fastback design, both collapse less completely by laying on the back roof, i understand. But, I havent seen these in operation, so seeing is believing. They SHOULD be higher quality cloth and last longer than the OEM top, but, we'll see.
4. There's a fold-back mini-top that only replaces the first two panels, over the front seat. Designed for year round, perhaps because its a more permanent install . . . But thats only a guess.

If these are like boat tops, the plastic windows will yellow and split in 3-5 years, before the tops. This is all why I wont have a car whose primary top is a soft convertible. Hard tops are primary, the soft top a seasonal option.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing how much things have changed with top availability since this thread was posted.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored