Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL ,,, i went the other way .... getting the factory soft top and pickin up a painted modular later
I hope you know you will be missing the controls and connections for your rear wiper/defroster if you do that.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is super frustrating. With the Ultra/factory Webasto style that folds all the way back as an option, I don't know why anyone would get a top that only folds back to sit on top of the roll cage like that. It looks way sloppier, and I assume it would buffet in the wind a lot more too. Hopefully the Trektop Ultra version is on its way soon. I assume there is more engineering required for the mechanism that folds all the way down so it makes sense it will take longer; look at the crazy hinges and bracketry on the factory version and that is a good indicator. I'd really like the Ultra fastback version down the road though, I love how it looks on the 4 door.
The stock soft top does fold all the way down, IF you remove the rear panels. So it has two positions.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping for a tan-linen color soft top on my Area 51 4-door. I've seen this color combo on an older Defender and it works so well. Will look great on a Bronco Badlands.

Coolnvntage+Land+Rover+D90+Heritage+(172+of+176).jpg
That looks awesome... probably work great on an OBX but I wonder how it would go on models with black fenders/ mirrors/door handles.

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How do we figure out how much this is?
I saw the post that showed a couple of these at around ~$1200 in the Ford catalog.

Which ones?
i sent to my parts mgr this AM to start working on it

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the Ultra/factory Webasto style that folds all the way back as an option, I don't know why anyone would get a top that only folds back to sit on top of the roll cage like that. It looks way sloppier, and I assume it would buffet in the wind a lot more too. Hopefully the Trektop Ultra version is on its way soon. I assume there is more engineering required for the mechanism that folds all the way down so it makes sense it will take longer; look at the crazy hinges and bracketry on the factory version and that is a good indicator. I'd really like the Ultra fastback version down the road though, I love how it looks on the 4 door.
Do we know for sure that this doesn't have "Ultra" capability? You're right that I I don't know why anyone would buy one that didn't fold all the way back. It says "multiple open top configurations". If one is rolled back to where the pic shows, what is the other config to make "multiple open top" if it's not all the way back? Since they already have the button system engineered on Jeep that they could just move over...it makes no sense that they wouldn't add it. Maybe they didn't, but where is the info coming from that it doesn't go all the way back?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't want anything to do with this top but I may just end up getting it

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like good product

Got to love fords marketing strategies
Provide standard hard tops with all 2 door models whom most owners want soft tops for easy removal/ replace (not me, white hard top) — can sell more soft tops
Then provide standard soft tops with 4 door models knowing most owners want hard tops with these.
- can sell more hard tops.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know for sure that this doesn't have "Ultra" capability? You're right that I I don't know why anyone would buy one that didn't fold all the way back. It says "multiple open top configurations". If one is rolled back to where the pic shows, what is the other config to make "multiple open top" if it's not all the way back? Since they already have the button system engineered on Jeep that they could just move over...it makes no sense that they wouldn't add it. Maybe they didn't, but where is the info coming from that it doesn't go all the way back?
My guess is that it doesn’t for 2 reasons: 1, I think they would have advertised it if it did go all the way back. And 2, because the keep version of the trektop is separated into regular and Ultra varieties, and it makes sense to me that Bestop would want to advertise that the top is an Ultra version, if it did go all the way back; but they only advertised it as the Trektop. My assumption is that they are staying analogous to their Jeep models that are separated by regular and Ultra models.

But to answer your question, nope, we don’t know if it does go back, as everyone here is just going off the info on page 1 of this thread. Maybe I’m completely wrong and the ultra is available soon! That would be dope.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stock soft top does fold all the way down, IF you remove the rear panels. So it has two positions.
Yep, seen the video several times. I love the way it folds all the way back, I can’t imagine a situation that I would just want to do the single “sun rider” fold, and not just take all the windows out and put it all the way down. That’s my favorite part about the factory top.

I’d just rather get the Trektop Ultra version though. One, despite the polarizing opinion, I LOVE the fastback look on the 4 door. And Two, some of the test mule photos that have been circulating already look like the soft top is creasing around the edges and not maintaining its integrity. Which would be allowable after several years, but on these test mules that have only been driving around a few thousand miles? It makes me nervous to go with the factory version.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers 2021 Bronco Fastback Top Interior 1

Here is an inside view on the 2 door. It does not look like it has a frame that folds all the way back compared to a Jeep soft top frame. Maybe there is some clever way it does fold all the way back but I think they would have showed it folded all the way back.

I'm not a fan of the parasail look and I think the fastback looks much better on the 4 door vs the 2 door.

Hopefully there will be some other after market variations for 2 doors.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, seen the video several times. I love the way it folds all the way back, I can’t imagine a situation that I would just want to do the single “sun rider” fold, and not just take all the windows out and put it all the way down. That’s my favorite part about the factory top.

I’d just rather get the Trektop Ultra version though. One, despite the polarizing opinion, I LOVE the fastback look on the 4 door. And Two, some of the test mule photos that have been circulating already look like the soft top is creasing around the edges and not maintaining its integrity. Which would be allowable after several years, but on these test mules that have only been driving around a few thousand miles? It makes me nervous to go with the factory version.
I agree with your concern over the quality of the OEM top. I guess thats why the Tweed top is $2200 and the factory OE top is $1200! It also seems like a lot of work to remove the side & back windows to put the OE top down all the way. Do you think the Ultra top would be easier to remove side and back to put top all the way down? Rains and t-srorms come up quick here in coastal SC.

My ideal summer fabric top on the 4-door would allow me to remove the 3 panels but keep the rear roof housing in place, sliding like an accordian over the two seating rows. I've see a few on Jeeps. Probably pricey, and i dont know us they're seasonally removable, or a more permanent install.
Sponsored