First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more I look at it, the more I'm attracted to this Safari Top configuration. I was originally planning on getting the Bimini top, but this Trektop has a very similar feature but way more versatile.

safari top.JPG
Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with your concern over the quality of the OEM top. I guess thats why the Tweed top is $2200 and the factory OE top is $1200! It also seems like a lot of work to remove the side & back windows to put the OE top down all the way. Do you think the Ultra top would be easier to remove side and back to put top all the way down? Rains and t-srorms come up quick here in coastal SC.

My ideal summer fabric top on the 4-door would allow me to remove the 3 panels but keep the rear roof housing in place, sliding like an accordian over the two seating rows. I've see a few on Jeeps. Probably pricey, and i dont know us they're seasonally removable, or a more permanent install.
I'm in coastal Georgia so I know the deal with freak afternoon rainstorms too.

Here's a TFL video of the Trektop Ultra being taken down. It seems like no more or less difficulty taking down than the factory top. The windows are held in place by rubber tubes in channels, just like the factory version. It would probably take about 5-10 minutes to go from completely down, windows removed, to completely up, windows installed.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Its Brawnco I like that configuration too, in fact, better than any other soft top configuration. I ran something similar in my Jeep, with the back seats removed and a "Duster" from Bestop ( https://www.bestop.com/duster/ ) I'm hoping to do the same with the Bronco.

JedC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Open Air Clunker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the bottom pic (from AJ's post, #3 in this thread) a fully open Trektop? Hope so. I'd like the option of a soft top that can quickly be converted to a safari top (w/o an overhang in the back) but also be retracted all the way when fully open.

Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers 1616780049040

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then what is this? (see image)
It is 1/2 a soft top with the hard top still there?

Credit: @ZackDanger

Bestop.jpg
That's the Sunrider top that goes over the front, replacing the freedom panels. That's what I had planned to get. Would need to switch to the MIC top now to do it.
Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers obfish

Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can anybody chime in on why you'd want either the fabric twill vs the vinyl? Best I can figure is heavy sun exposure go with twill, heavy rain/snow go with vinyl.
I would think that the twill will be like the Mercedes cloth top style and I’m sure it will cost more.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the bottom pic (from AJ's post, #3 in this thread) a fully open Trektop? Hope so. I'd like the option of a soft top that can quickly be converted to a safari top (w/o an overhang in the back) but also be retracted all the way when fully open.

Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers obfish

That is a full retracted Trektop which answers the questions in these posts - but man - look at all the hardware that is still visible....

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's the Sunrider top that goes over the front, replacing the freedom panels. That's what I had planned to get. Would need to switch to the MIC top now to do it.
What kills me is why Bestop did not make the sunrider for hard top cover the front AND middle panels? That would IMO make it an great hybrid top. Open Air top with more security and ease of opening the rear.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What kills me is why Bestop did not make the sunrider for hard top cover the front AND middle panels? That would IMO make it an great hybrid top. Open Air top with more security and ease of opening the rear.
I suspect there might be too much mechanism that would interfere with the 2nd seat doors and headroom.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a full retracted Trektop which answers the questions in these posts - but man - look at all the hardware that is still visible....
Yep, not a fan. I really wish it went all the way back.

Sponsored

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I live in California then Twill will be the best option since is sunny 300 days a year in this state.
Can anybody chime in on why you'd want either the fabric twill vs the vinyl? Best I can figure is heavy sun exposure go with twill, heavy rain/snow go with vinyl.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, not a fan. I really wish it went all the way back.
I wasn't so concerned about it going all the way back. I didn't like that you can't raise it to gain access to the cargo area. I watched a video and it looked like a real PITA to use on a daily basis. It looks nice when on, but for $2229, it needs to function also.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I live in California then Twill will be the best option since is sunny 300 days a year in this state.
Twill is the best option period. Doesn't matter what your local weather is like.

Wretched71

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve seen a couple people on this thread that indicated they’re getting soft top from the factory and getting the hard top once there are more options. That was my route also. I saw on this FAQ below that it’s a no go. Mostly because the wiper hookups won’t be there. Not sure if that’s a deal breaker for anyone. Just wanted to point that out.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/faqs-3-25-21-pdf.102590/

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My experience is that vinyl cracks/rips easier with long wear and exposure. Twill is pretty durable but requires some maintenance
What kind of maintenance do you need to do with a twill top?
Sponsored