Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can anybody chime in on why you'd want either the fabric twill vs the vinyl? Best I can figure is heavy sun exposure go with twill, heavy rain/snow go with vinyl.
The twill is a more refined look, and a little heavier and more expensive.

The black diamond (which I have had for 13 years every spring and fall on my JK - albeit garaged), is a bit lighter, and less expensive. I think it is easier to clean, especially mud, and there are products to keep it conditioned and black.

If you are looking for a trail top - black diamond is probably the better choice. If you (drive an OB/) are looking for a refined around town top, twill is your fabric.
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vinyl looks cheap compared to twill
That seems to be the consensus on here. Is it less durable or purely aesthetic, does the vinyl wear out quicker? i'm also guessing twill is a bit pricier? Im hoping Jeep owners can answer that, I know we'll have to wait and see on the Bronco either way.

Sponsored

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That seems to be the consensus on here. Is it less durable or purely aesthetic, does the vinyl wear out quicker? i'm also guessing twill is a bit pricier? Im hoping Jeep owners can answer that, I know we'll have to wait and see on the Bronco either way.
My experience is that vinyl cracks/rips easier with long wear and exposure. Twill is pretty durable but requires some maintenance

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Love it. I just wish it had a bit more slant, closer to what they get on the Jeep. Understood that rollbar placement is the limiting factor though.

IMG_20190205_164630_2.jpg

GiddyUpThatPony

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
OTOH. Visibility out the back should be better.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the fast back look.

However, I don't like that it needs a frame mounted to the roll cage and I would rather it folds all the way down. For that reason I'll stick with the factory soft top/painted modular hardtop dual top option.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers IMG_20190205_164630_2

Excuse my ignorance here as it may work the exact same way on jeeps, but I don’t like how it just sits on top of the Bronco when fully open. Kinda like your own parasail.
Because it's a "fast back" that floppy bit lands on the roll bar in the back, so that's as far as it can go.

On a more traditional soft top, it extends out further so it can fold and collapse down on the gate by the spare tire.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll wait and see if Rampage designs a frameless soft top. No need for the extra rail or pieces. I loved my Rampage on my tj, and worked as a safari top as well.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking the opposite. Get this now and then get a mod top when they're available.
Don’t we have to pick one of the two factory options to start, though?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love it. I just wish it had a bit more slant, closer to what they get on the Jeep. Understood that rollbar placement is the limiting factor though.

Ford Bronco Trektop Soft Top From Bestop Official Details -  Twill / Vinyl / Part Numbers IMG_20190205_164630_2
The Jeep doesn't seem to wear that as well as the Bronco. The slant is a bit too much for my taste.
Sponsored