First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought a new Ctek trickle charger. I’ve always used these in my other cars by simply plugging Into the 12v port in the center console. This isn’t working in my bronco. Do I need to replace the fuse in that port? Or is it simply not “live” when the car is off?

Assuming it’s working as Ford intended, Is there a way to charge the bronco without having to connect directly to the battery?
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s not live when the Bronco is not ”on”. The 12 volt plug in the rear cargo area stays “live” when the Bronco is not on.

OP
OP

MMBrodsky

First Edition
First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s not live when the Bronco is not ”on”. The 12 volt plug in the rear cargo area stays “live” when the Bronco is not on.
Appreciate it. I will check out the plug in the rear. It would be a real pain in the rear to have to open the hood each time I wanted to connect it.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could wire a 12 volt adapter taped into the #29 space at inside fuse block under the dash on the driver‘s side.

That‘s what I did to have 12 volt power source for a flat towing brake system I have.

OP
OP

MMBrodsky

First Edition
First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You could wire a 12 volt adapter taped into the #29 space at inside fuse block under the dash on the driver‘s side.

That‘s what I did to have 12 volt power source for a flat towing brake system I have.
Makes sense. Thank you. I also read that doing something using FORScan can make all the ports live 24/7. Good to hear there are a few options.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m under the impression that this is only “live” for 30 min after shutdown…

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Get yourself a Battery Tender (Deltran) and use the pigtail SAE connector that comes with it, attaches to battery terminals and you can run it out near the bumper or if you have big enough grille slots through there - and maybe a little velcro to the underside and that way it stays hidden - have them on all my motorcycles and quad.

https://www.amazon.com/DELTRAN-USA-...sr_1_9?keywords=Deltran&qid=1642514280&sr=8-9

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get yourself a Battery Tender (Deltran) and use the pigtail SAE connector that comes with it, attaches to battery terminals and you can run it out near the bumper or if you have big enough grille slots through there - and maybe a little velcro to the underside and that way it stays hidden - have them on all my motorcycles and quad.

https://www.amazon.com/DELTRAN-USA-...sr_1_9?keywords=Deltran&qid=1642514280&sr=8-9
This 100%. Much safer and not pushing it through the wiring system.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m under the impression that this is only “live” for 30 min after shutdown…
Apparently you are correct. I inserted an adapter with a lighted indicator last night and just went out and checked it and the light is off.

OP
OP

MMBrodsky

First Edition
First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Appreciate it. Thank you. I was hoping there would be a live port in the car but oh well. Time to install the Redline hood struts!

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m assuming it’s safe to hook up a trickle charger directly to the battery?
So many cars say to only use under the hood charging points and not to charge directly to the battery.