Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She's finally free from Dirt Mountain! 567 days from reservation, 370 days from order, 176 days from blend.

She arrived with 70 miles on the ODO. I inspected using @cat's checklist. Flawless except the tiniest bit of snakeskin on the passenger front panel.

First impressions are the gearing is a tad high, 6th isn't too useful. Mileage drops off a cliff over 60mph. I averaged right at 18mpg on the 350 miles home, with speeds between 60-75.

The Sirius selection sucks. The base speakers are not impressive but they're not as terrible as expected from other's reviews.

The ASS doesn't bother me, it stays running with the clutch depressed and restarts plenty quick enough if I'm in neutral with clutch out.

It took a minute to get the seat adjusted but it's quite comfy when it's there. The lumbar is going to be a sweaty spot though.

The headlights are nice and bright, night driving didn't bother me as much as usual. The auto dimming worked perfectly, I like that feature.

I'm leaving the nannies enabled, they didn't bother me at all.

The "analog" speedo is dumb and a waste of space. Never even look at it. The bar tach works fine.

Stay tune for mods, although they're going to minimal because this thing rocks right out of the box.

Ford Bronco Tricky Dick's Dirty Bronco 20220201_195737_HDR
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

She's finally free from Dirt Mountain! 567 days from reservation, 370 days from order, 176 days from blend.

She arrived with 70 miles on the ODO. I inspected using @Bronco cat's checklist. Flawless except the tiniest bit of snakeskin on the passenger front panel.

First impressions are the gearing is a tad high, 6th isn't too useful. Mileage drops off a cliff over 60mph. I averaged right at 18mpg on the 350 miles home, with speeds between 60-75.

The Sirius selection sucks. The base speakers are not impressive but they're not as terrible as expected from other's reviews.

The ASS doesn't bother me, it stays running with the clutch depressed and restarts plenty quick enough if I'm in neutral with clutch out.

It took a minute to get the seat adjusted but it's quite comfy when it's there. The lumbar is going to be a sweaty spot though.

The headlights are nice and bright, night driving didn't bother me as much as usual. The auto dimming worked perfectly, I like that feature.

The "analog" speedo is dumb and a waste of space. Never even look at it. The bar tach works fine.

Stay tune for mods, although they're going to minimal because this thing rocks right out of the box.

Oh wow...and i was really hoping to see what you looked like!!

Did you mean you used @Cat checklist...or, does, "Bronco cat", have one too?

Congrats on your Bronco!! Its purr-fect!!

See ya around Seattle sometime.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh wow...and i was really hoping to see what you looked like!!

Did you mean you used @Cat checklist...or, does, "Bronco cat", have one too?

Congrats on your Bronco!! Its purr-fect!!

See ya around Seattle sometime.
Whoops got you mixed up!

That is the real me! I've just had some work done, haven't aged well.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on the new ride!
But I have to ask...were the dealership employees looking nervously around for a Patrick Swayze-looking guy to join you in a Reagan mask?

"Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true."

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

'Bout damn time!!!!
Congrats!!!

I'm a little surprised by the gearing comment.

I went from the Base 4.46 & 30" up to a 34.5" and felt the gearing was only a touch too tall at 35", where as before, it felt jerky and difficult to drive on the 30's ... it was just too OVER geared. (This pertains mostly to in town or sub-urban driving)

I'd have guessed 33's to be the sweet spot with 4.46 ....and you should have 33's & 4.70, right?

FWIW, I only ever used 6th at full-on Interstate speeds (75+ mph), otherwise, even on the 30's, it really REALLY tamed the motor.

Give it some break in time ... if you ever Forscan, give Sport mode a try .... I was a sceptic, now I have seen the light!!! LOL

The auto dimming drove me INSANE!!
I was so happy to find it selectable in the settings.

Sponsored

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

She arrived with 70 miles on the ODO. I inspected using @cat's checklist. Flawless except the tiniest bit of snakeskin on the passenger front panel.

Nice and congratulations.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a little surprised by the gearing comment.

I went from the Base 4.46 & 30" up to a 34.5" and felt the gearing was only a touch too tall at 35", where as before, it felt jerky and difficult to drive on the 30's ... it was just too OVER geared. (This pertains mostly to in town or sub-urban driving)

I'd have guessed 33's to be the sweet spot with 4.46 ....and you should have 33's & 4.70, right?

FWIW, I only ever used 6th at full-on Interstate speeds (75+ mph), otherwise, even on the 30's, it really REALLY tamed the motor.
Yes, 33s and 4.70. I don't like using 6th below about 70 or it feels like it's lugging, and I rarely drive faster than 70, so it's right on the borderline and needs to be shifted at every hill for efficiency. I'm still feeling it out though.

wonder how many of those dirt mountain Broncos will never see dirt again :unsure:
Not this one! I'm going to hit some dirt this weekend!

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats! Looking forward to your reports from off-road :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.