Sponsored

Tried to make a change to my order and my dealer said it’s going to be scheduled.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what exactly are you going to do if it gets delivered in November or December?
They will drive it home grinning from ear to ear.
Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was told you could make changes even in the preview stage, as long as the VIN email hasn’t came you can make changes
I made a change last week while I was in the previewing change. Did not get a vin and was told I am in the previewing stage for this week as well.
A couple of questions I didn't ask; once in previewing can you be bumped back out? Or do you remain in previewing until your build is assigned a vin?

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made a change last week while I was in the previewing change. Did not get a vin and was told I am in the previewing stage for this week as well.
A couple of questions I didn't ask; once in previewing can you be bumped back out? Or do you remain in previewing until your build is assigned a vin?
Precisely why I opted not to make the change. Too much to risk I like both colors so no harm there and I want the tow package, I was just removing it to speed thing’s up. Hopefully none of it matters and I get a vin this week.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Precisely why I opted not to make the change. Too much to risk I like both colors so no harm there and I want the tow package, I was just removing it to speed thing’s up. Hopefully none of it matters and I get a vin this week.
It wouldn't have made a difference in my case, only three first editions got vins last week at the dealer I reserved with. My reservation is for a base.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have been told you preview on a Tuesday have til Thursday before Ford sends out build dates, that’s when the VIN will be created...

Just relaying what my dealer has told me. I tend to believe him, pretty knowledgeable on all things Bronco...
Other than a few exceptions where a res can go into Preview on Wednesday (or possibly another day?) this is correct. The most important part of this is that a VIN is not assigned until the Thursday build date email process from Ford.

Also for the OP, keep in mind that Preview does not guarantee that you will get a VIN assigned that week. This has happened to my res twice now.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than a few exceptions where a res can go into Preview on Wednesday (or possibly another day?) this is correct. The most important part of this is that a VIN is not assigned until the Thursday build date email process from Ford.

Also for the OP, keep in mind that Preview does not guarantee that you will get a VIN assigned that week. This has happened to my res twice now.
I’m aware. This is why I stated hopefully I’ll get a confirmation from Ford on Thursday. Thanks for the input though.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congratulations!! I’m also previewing this week! Told by my dealer this past weekend!! I’m pumped. He thinks I’ll get an end of July build date. Which is amazing. Although depending on delivery I may be in CO at Super Cel West! 🙃

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations!! I’m also previewing this week! Told by my dealer this past weekend!! I’m pumped. He thinks I’ll get an end of July build date. Which is amazing. Although depending on delivery I may be in CO at Super Cel West! 🙃
Yeah I’m thinking end of July too which puts me around late August early September delivery. Which will be cool. My birthday is in September. But I’ll be deployed in August and be back in September.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I’m thinking end of July too which puts me around late August early September delivery. Which will be cool. My birthday is in September. But I’ll be deployed in August and be back in September.
I figured if I’m on vacation, I will tell them use it as a display. They want to let a few ppl test drive it. I’d be okay with that. What about you. Have a plan while you are gone if it shows up?!

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Contacted my dealer to remove tow package and change color from cactus grey to velocity blue. Dealer said change was unable to be made as I’m previewing to be scheduled This week on a priority build. Super pumped and hopefully I get confirmation with Ford Thursday.

I was on the fence on the color. I’m happy with both. Only wanted to remove tow package in hopes to get scheduled earlier. Turns out didn’t even matter.

7/13 res 9:58 pm est time. 2.7 4 dr badlands mic Sasquatch tow MIC
Too bad you won't get Velocity blue. Having seen it and Cactus Grey in person, I like the V.B. a lot more. It really pops and has presence. Nice build in any case!

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I inquired with my dealer last week to suggest removing the Tow Package if it was in any way helpful for my chances to get previewed/scheduled. He followed up and said "I had to make some changes on some orders but it looks like your order was safe with the towing package."

I assume thats a good thing in general but I know nothing.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After you get a VIN you can still change color up to production. I asked my rep about a few scenarios about chances of getting bumped if I make certain changes. He said the only thing right now that won't cause an issue is color change. Since the volatility with commodities and difficulty trying to get scheduled in some semblance of order, anything could cause it to drop.

Moral of the story, paint change after getting VIN=OK, other things=probably not OK. My questions were about changing from soft to MIC, powertrain, squatch or trim levels. Granted all major items and some that are restricted, just wanted to see if there was any wiggle room like we do with other vehicle line orders. I would suggest not f'ing with anything previewing out of an abundance of caution.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured if I’m on vacation, I will tell them use it as a display. They want to let a few ppl test drive it. I’d be okay with that. What about you. Have a plan while you are gone if it shows up?!
Yeah they will be instructed not to let a soul drive it unless its for quality purposes. I don't want anyone test driving my $60,000 Bronco before I get a chance to.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too bad you won't get Velocity blue. Having seen it and Cactus Grey in person, I like the V.B. a lot more. It really pops and has presence. Nice build in any case!
Yeah I agree. It was after I saw it in person that I decided to change it. Maybe after a VIN i can still change it. Either way I'm Happy, I like both colors.
Sponsored