Sponsored

Trigger to convert reservation to order?

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm confused as to what trigger is given from Ford to let you know to place your order. Most of y'all had first day or Summer 2020 reservations, it seems, so I'm hoping the process is still the same.

I placed a reservation on 6/22/21, but have yet to see anything from Ford saying that it is time to order. My dealership said that I should receive an email from Ford and my salesman is thinking that I should have seen something by now. In my reservation confirmation email, there is a line that says "watch your inbox for more news and information on all things Bronco, including next steps on when it's time to configure your order." When I log into my Ford account, it says "your selected Ford Dealer will reach out soon to discuss next steps for finalizing your order." Is it possibly that Ford is waiting for the 2022 specs to be finalized before letting late reservations order?
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You won't. That's entirely up to you. For us earlier folks, we were hitting deadlines for the order book to get in production line status. That doesn't exist now.

Order when you're ready. And if you have a dealer who isn't reaching out, find another one. Seriously. There are some very good dealers out there. You've not told us where you are, so no one can help.....and there are some very bad dealers, and a bunch of mid-road ones. Find a good one that you can trust. Smaller is often much better, but not always.

nperreault568

Outer Banks
First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never received anything from Ford about ordering, it was just with the dealer. I ended up calling them and scheduling an appointment to come in about 3 days after I reserved and took care of it. Unfortunately it seems to require a lot of push on the customer end to get things done

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I placed a reservation around 7/19/20. I had to call my dealer three or four times to get an appointment to convert to an order in March. They kept saying they'd call me when they got to my name on the list, but never called. So, I'd contact the dealer you selected when you're ready to order.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm constantly amazed (probably shouldn't be) that dealers don't know what they're talking about on these things.

You can place an order at any time. With your reservation being so late, your chances at a MY21 are low, though not impossible if you are ordering a ride with no constraints (ie, soft top, non-squatch, 2.3L, no tow package, etc).

That said, if you have any constraints at all the chances of your getting a MY21 are very low, and you may just want to wait to place your order when MY22 ordering opens up (indications are mid-September).

Sponsored
OP
OP
555-RGNE

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, all. I just reached out to my salesman to try and schedule a time to place my order. If Ford truly is going to go to a "build to order" model across their lineup, they have a LOT of work to do. :confused:

OP
OP
555-RGNE

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm constantly amazed (probably shouldn't be) that dealers don't know what they're talking about on these things.

You can place an order at any time. With your reservation being so late, your chances at a MY21 are low, though not impossible if you are ordering a ride with no constraints (ie, soft top, non-squatch, 2.3L, no tow package, etc).

That said, if you have any constraints at all the chances of your getting a MY21 are very low, and you may just want to wait to place your order when MY22 ordering opens up (indications are mid-September).
Thanks. I'm not considering a MY21 with my reservation date - It'll be a MY22, for sure. Will place my order for a Badlands CO with the upgraded black wheels, soft top, 2.3, 10sp, and tow package.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I'm not considering a MY21 with my reservation date - It'll be a MY22, for sure. Will place my order for a Badlands CO with the upgraded black wheels, soft top, 2.3, 10sp, and tow package.
In that case, you can wait. Ford has not opened up ordering for MY22 yet. You can only order MY21 right now. A lot of us with MY21 orders will need to reorder once MY22 is available.

Editorial comment: If your dealer doesn't know all this, I'd consider switching because it means they are generally clueless.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the email verbiage is unchanged from before the order banks opened. The dealers did reach out (for the most part it seems) back in January. As others have correctly stated; call your dealer and have them put the order in after you settle on a price in writing. Ford will not send you anything further to tell you to order.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait until the 22 order banks open or you will be doing your order twice.

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You won't. That's entirely up to you. For us earlier folks, we were hitting deadlines for the order book to get in production line status. That doesn't exist now.

Order when you're ready. And if you have a dealer who isn't reaching out, find another one. Seriously. There are some very good dealers out there. You've not told us where you are, so no one can help.....and there are some very bad dealers, and a bunch of mid-road ones. Find a good one that you can trust. Smaller is often much better, but not always.
There are caveats to this. You must create a new reservation to change dealers... meaning that you lose your place in line. I just went through this last Friday

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm beginning to think this as well, I put in my reservation a couple weeks ago and no word at all from my dealer. A quick call or email would be nice. I've got a day off next week going to hit my reservation dealer first but if I don't get a good vibe from them I'll check others out. I'm in Charleston WV if anyone out there has any recommendations!

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm beginning to think this as well, I put in my reservation a couple weeks ago and no word at all from my dealer. A quick call or email would be nice. I've got a day off next week going to hit my reservation dealer first but if I don't get a good vibe from them I'll check others out. I'm in Charleston WV if anyone out there has any recommendations!
@StephensAutoCenter in WV
Do it

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many have recommended looking for a quality dealer that will put your price on their paper with their signature on it. Too many people are finding out that their Broncos have a very high ADM added when they show up. If you don't have it in writing from them you need to shop around. You may need to start with a new reservation as the rules seem to have changed on this but it will be worth it in the end by getting what you want at the price you expect. Best of luck.

OP
OP
555-RGNE

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealership I chose is a small one in a small town about 30 minutes from where I live. I've never purchased from them, but have multiple acquaintances who have used the salesman I chose over the years. He's one of the no-nonsense types - typically in and out in less than an hour, with all of the paperwork prepared in advance and waiting on the buyer, not the other way around. I know he has done an Off-Roadeo event, as he's sent me pictures of different trim levels, as well as those of the Wildtrack "trainer" that stopped by the dealership back in June. I'm chalking up any confusion to this point on Ford corporate not being clear about what to expect.
Sponsored