Sponsored

Trigger warning: My Dealer Said... They paid a res holder to let the dealer flip their Bronco

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... I was at the In-Laws in a small town and noticed around Christmas they had a 2 door base-squatch on a raised platform in their lot. Figured it was their mannequin (confirmed). Today I happened to be in said town when I drove by and they had a 4 door Badlands+Squatch in CO.

Wife and I had time to kill and I was curious so we dropped in and inquired. 'Dealer said' that the BadSquatch was preordered and when it came in, the dealer was willing to sell it at MSRP but offered the buyer 'A substantial amount' to essentially sell it to the dealership so they could mark it up.

BadSquatch is now on the dealer lot for $80k and per the dealer, the res holder 'made money' without even taking possession.

I'm all kinds of skeptical and can't imagine paying $80k for that rig but I wonder if that's even remotely true. Can a res holder have their Bronco delivered and then turn it over to the dealer to sell on their lot if the dealer cuts them a check?
Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer said should be reserved for Weekends only. I am no good at drinking during workdays.

OP
OP
DLJohnson

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer said should be reserved for Weekends only. I am no good at drinking during workdays.
Sorry, I had today off so it's like drinking on a Sunday and finding that fine line between 'I'm off today' and 'I work tomorrow'

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If my dealer had offered me some serious money not to complete the purchase, I would have listened. Probably wouldn't have taken it, but everyone has a price.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... It would be easy (I think) for a salesperson at the dealership who "personally bought it," and played that game.

kypt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was a dealer, I would tell every customer with a reservation that I will gladly sell them their Bronco when it comes in for MSRP. I would also offer them a cash payment to just walk away. Their choice. I was honestly surprised my dealer didn't do this.

OP
OP
DLJohnson

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I was a dealer, I would tell every customer with a reservation that I will gladly sell them their Bronco when it comes in for MSRP. I would also offer them a cash payment to just walk away. Their choice. I was honestly surprised my dealer didn't do this.
My dealer offered me 10k to walk. As long as they aren't stealing reservations, it's all good. They can't get enough new vehicles in, so they need to make money flipping. I don't like it, but I understand.
From what I understand, this is what happened.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an anecdote that would be nice to retell to surprise ADM dealers, who are trying to get people to walk away without paying them anything.

OP
OP
DLJohnson

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an FYI, I had my wife talked into trading her Lincoln for a Bronco until he said $80k... Now we're at square one

OP
OP
DLJohnson

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an anecdote that would be nice to retell to surprise ADM dealers, who are trying to get people to walk away without paying them anything.
I agree. All the horror stories have got me jaded but if this Dealer is telling the truth, I think they're going about it the right way.

When we left the dealer, my wife asked me 'Had you reserved day one, would you let them have it to make $xxxx?' and I couldn't give her a straight answer.

I said 'Ive been watching this since July 2020 and if I waited that long I don't know if I could let it go for any amount of money'

Wife looked at me and said 'I'd flip it'

She's ruthless

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My BIL and his son sold their Broncos to the dealer they bought them from after owning them for 3 months for $10K over the OTD cost + upgrades they made.

I'm a little bummed I don't have bronco buddies now, but it was easy money that I don't fault them for taking.
Sponsored