tacowolf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hennessey Velociraptor 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry if this was already discussed but does anyone know the If the trim levels from the sport are carried over to the Bronco? Also does anyone know how they translate over to jeeps lineup?
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry if this was already discussed but does anyone know the If the trim levels from the sport are carried over to the Bronco? Also does anyone know how they translate over to jeeps lineup?
No word on if any of the Sport trims will make it to the Bronco. Especially if you look at all the Trademarks ford has filed. Thereā€™s like 20.

but if you look at Jeep it really only has 4 trims.
sport - Base
Sport S - Decently equipped
Savanna - Higher trim
Rubicon - Hardcore off-roader

every other trim Jeep has is a sticker / paint package.

Ford is NOT expected to make a SPORT trim. So that just leaves those 3.
But I also see ford offering different trims for different set ups. We have seen 4 different tires and we know 3 different grills. So we have plenty of possibilities.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No word on if any of the Sport trims will make it to the Bronco. Especially if you look at all the Trademarks ford has filed. Thereā€™s like 20.

sport - Base
Savanna - Higher trim

But I also see ford offering different trims for different set ups. We have seen 4 different tires and we know 3 different grills. So we have plenty of possibilities.
You meant Sahara - a.k.a. High/"luxury" trim suburban/urban grocery getter (which in Gladiator terms is Overland)
And soon we can add Mojave - Sorta hardcore desert runner

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

sport - Base
Savanna - Higher trim

I wouldnā€™t even consider the Sport S wrangler to be decently equipped. It adds a leather wrapped steering wheel, alloy wheels, power doors and windows, automatic headlights, and electric mirrors. There is zero reason for those things to be a $3200 price increase in 2020, all that stuff should be standard. If a Mitsubishi Mirage can come with that stuff standard a Jeep should too. Itā€™s a scam.

I expect the base Bronco to honestly be better equipped than a base Sahara wrangler in some ways. Ford is equipping their higher end vehicles very well nowadays, the 2020 escape for example has Co-pilot 360, Sync, proximity entry, and heated seats standard. I expect at least the first 3 things standard for Bronco.

Last edited:

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldnā€™t even consider the Sport S wrangler to be decently equipped. It adds a leather wrapped steering wheel, alloy wheels, power doors and windows, automatic headlights, and electric mirrors. There is zero reason for those things to be a $3200 price increase in 2020, all that stuff should be standard. If a Mitsubishi Mirage can come with that stuff standard a Jeep should too. Itā€™s a scam.

I expect the base Bronco to honestly be better equipped than a base Sahara wrangler in some ways. Ford is equipping their higher end vehicles very well nowadays, the 2020 escape for example has Co-pilot 360, Sync, proximity entry, and heated seats standard. I expect at least the first 3 things standard for Bronco.
I remember that the JK would actually give you hood insulation with the S as well lol.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They may even go with something close to the F-150 line up. XL, XLT, Lariat, and then a higer end like the Platinum, or Limited. And, my guess is that certain packages won't be available until you to the higher trim levels. Ex. say you want a steering wheel? Well, you can get one of those with the XLT. :)

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is thinking is there is 3 different mechanical packages and 3 different equipment packages. And you can have a combination of almost anything.

Street package
Off Road package (fx4)
Hardcore package (fx4+++)

then

base trim (decently equipped see Lariat Ranger) ā€œLariatā€
Middle trim (lots of good options) ā€œlimited ā€œ
Luxury trim (leather heated cooled seats etc) ā€œPlatinumā€

So mix and match those 3 and 3 to make 9 Trims.

Jeep does something similar

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What is thinking is there is 3 different mechanical packages and 3 different equipment packages. And you can have a combination of almost anything.

Street package
Off Road package (fx4)
Hardcore package (fx4+++)

then

base trim (decently equipped see Lariat Ranger) ā€œLariatā€
Middle trim (lots of good options) ā€œlimited ā€œ
Luxury trim (leather heated cooled seats etc) ā€œPlatinumā€

So mix and match those 3 and 3 to make 9 Trims.

Jeep does something similar
Iā€™ll take a 2 door manual FX4 Platinum in green with tan leather (want the cooled seats otherwise could settle for lower package). My offer is $37k. Thanks, take my money now.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

The model to go with is the JL Sport 4 door with manual trans. I think it comes equipped with the heavier duty rear axle at no extra charge. The Jeep build site shows $31,800 base on Sport 4dr (plus destination charge).

I had a lot of fun with my old CJs offroad, and have little doubt a JL Sport would be fun and capable off-road as well. Additional off-road related options are nice, although overrated for a lot of people and not needed to have fun off-road. Not to mention, unclear why people who don't go offroad (maybe majority of buyers?) even care about swaybar disconnects and other such items.

I would like to see Bronco compete in that JL Sport price range. I don't want a high priced luxury utility 4x4. (Not against having those options for people who want to spend more.)

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious to see the trim levels. I have a feeling Ford will keep it simple 3 maybe 4 trims from the factory and give the dealerships the option to install all the different accessories that Ford toted a while back ago. It would make sense as to why a dealership might have to go through "special" training to be certified to sale the Bronco if they have to be able to install some 200+ accessories or whatever the heck the number was.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since my use will be about 80% highway, I'm looking at a Sahara equivalent with the smaller engine package for some decent gas mileage.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The model to go with is the JL Sport 4 door with manual trans. I think it comes equipped with the heavier duty rear axle at no extra charge. The Jeep build site shows $31,800 base on Sport 4dr (plus destination charge).

I had a lot of fun with my old CJs offroad, and have little doubt a JL Sport would be fun and capable off-road as well. Additional off-road related options are nice, although overrated for a lot of people and not needed to have fun off-road. Not to mention, unclear why people who don't go offroad (maybe majority of buyers?) even care about swaybar disconnects and other such items.

I would like to see Bronco compete in that JL Sport price range. I don't want a high priced luxury utility 4x4. (Not against having those options for people who want to spend more.)
From my understanding Ford is including a lot of tech with the base models to simplify their supply chain.

Way easier to just make one door, 2 infotainment, one proximity entry module, etc. it costs a lot of money to have separate supply lines for crank windows etc. and Jeep could easily lower their base price for the sport s if they got rid of the sport.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope they donā€™t call it ā€œplatinumā€ that is the goofiest trim name to me. I donā€™t really wanna see a direct pull from the truck models.
I was kinda hoping for more:
Bronco or Bronco ā€˜66 = base
Bronco FX = mid range
Bronco GT = (sport model, V6)
Bronco L or Limited = range topper