Sponsored

Trims are a complete disaster to say the least!

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
wheels make or break a vehicle period. And theres no way this should be a factory wheel on a 30k vehicle.

5CBDA7D5-C379-4E4C-83E4-545114BC0304.png
fking looks like a donut spare
Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wheels make or break a vehicle period. And theres no way this should be a factory wheel on a 30k vehicle.

5CBDA7D5-C379-4E4C-83E4-545114BC0304.png
well i think the pizza cutter steelies are endearing. if i end up getting a base instead of the black diamond, it will be because of those hilariously undersized wheels.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the thing with the base is that they expect the mass majority of those folks to customize it...so they put the cheapest wheel on it so you can swap it out. And like many have also said you'll be able to score other wheel options in no time.
I would have gone for Base, but figured BD had what I was looking for as well.

OEM+, Aftermarket, etc.. It's a Ford, not a Range Rover, there's an aftermarket

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wheels are super easy to swap out. I plan on modifying my base bronco (like i have all my previous cars) and the first thing to go is going to be the wheels. i'll get a somewhat matched size, put the factory tires on that, then buy winter tires for the stock steelies.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm betting you will be able to get al a carte tires/wheels on any trim. Your Dad should go with the Base (he certainly doesn't need the Sasquatch) al a carte some tires/wheels or if not available aftermarket, $1500-2000 should serve him nicely. He gets it all for 32K. I'm thinking the same thing if I can get a rear locker on the base, if not I'll get the Base/Sasquatch.

I noticed the Black Diamond has Black Steelies, they look pretty good! So I guess a Base and a Rattle can wheel job might work.

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Plenty of options for dad. Get the base and powdercoat steelies white. Get the big bend and keep the 17 stock graphite wheels that match the graphite grille. Or get the big bend with the sassy package and you get trail wheels and tires if dad wants to look like an off roader at the mall.

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I mean to me the base should have 30in steelies, it makes it a better build truck so if you plan on modifying the living hell out of it, you don't want to spend extra cash on wheels you are just going to throw away.
I already want to add some bronze method racing wheels on 37's, so the Sasquatch package to me is going to be kinda pointless even though I want it. I guess I could always do as jeep guys do...put up the sasquatch 35's with rims in the for sale section, Im looking forward to our 2nd hand parts market.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, it's definitely a problem if they don't have wheels, but I take function over style. I see people spend $3K on wheels, then put on a spacer lift, which I guess is fine for a mall crawler, but not much for function on the trail.

Trust me, if you don't like the stock wheels, you can easily pick up take offs cheaply on ebay/craigslist, etc., and the dealers will gladly sell you new wheels you do like before you take delivery.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually thought this was something they did really well with the launch. You can pretty much dial in exactly what you need with the way the packages are set up without being forced into a higher trim level.
Sponsored