Sponsored

Trims are a complete disaster to say the least!

Its_OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So If anyone feels the same please comment below.

1. My 65 year old father is interested in a new 2 door bronco, he had one in the 80’s and he likes the new one like all of us so he wants to get one. He will not use it for major off roading, but he does live in North East Ohio where it snows 6 months a year so he needs something that can handle it. He likes the idea of the base because the nice standard equipment and the price, but theres a major problem. The 16 inch steelies are an embarassment to say the least! Now hes 65 and has never went off roading in his life, but even he knows that he couldnt be seen driving around town looking like that. So I told him to get a big bend, but those wheels and tires are puny too. So the black diamond he likes, but its 36k, has rock sliders which he will never use and has rubber floors which he doesnt want. Now your probally thinking, just buy new wheels and tires! Sure, but my dad and a lot of people buying the bronco are the type of people that like things stock and original, also its a shame the you buy a 32k bronco and immediatly have to spend $2k on wheels and tires before you can even show it two someone because its so embarrasing. Were hoping once the build and price comes out there will be a $800 option for him to upgrade the base wheels. Also, this will be every other bronco owners problem. You might have a cool first edition and feel all sweet but when you go to a ford dealer to see the bronco’s there will be a row of 10 with base ugly steelies and it will put a bad taste in your mouth. Also, the first time many people see a bronco will be on the road, and alot of bronco’s sold will be with steelies. So 40-50% of peoples first impression will be a bronco with ugly steelies and there going to think “thats the jeep fighting big bad bronco”? Huge miss by ford. Embarrasing.

2. I keep finding myself bouncing back and forth on trims like a pinball. I might want three options, a certain trim has those three options. Then i say well maybe that 1 extra option would be nice, so i go to the next trim level, i get that new option but by doing that I just lost the 3 options i liked??? Like wtf!!

3. Ford has two many trims. Should have 4 trims plus the first edition so 5 total. First two trims have cloth and carpet, last two trims have leather and carpet. Rubber floors and marine vinyl are options on all 5 trims! Also the 12 inch is an available upgrade on trim level 2 and standard on 3 and 4. Also alot of people like blis, but in order to get it you need lane departure auto braking and all this other bs. Ive never heard of a vehicle trimpackage option that you get no safety features, or 5 safety features. Complete and utter nonsense.
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The first Broncos on the street are going to be $60,000 rolling billboards for Ford. I bet you don't see a steel wheeled base model for months after.

Most of the things you want to add are easily added.

The dealers around here (OK) love to buy base models and slap wheels on them, tint the windows, and put a little more heat on the MSRP. You can usually get them down to a decent price on that stuff though.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you're mostly concerned about the wheels. Those are easily changed and there will be plenty of take off wheels on ebay a few months after delivery. You should easily get a set of factory takeoffs for $500 or less.

Personally, I expect my wheel to be round and hold air. Not much else. Not once have I looked at my wheels going down the road. Steelies are perfectly fine with me. I'm not getting the Bronco to look at in the driveway.

OP
OP
Its_OJ

Its_OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like you're mostly concerned about the wheels. Those are easily changed and there will be plenty of take off wheels on ebay a few months after delivery. You should easily get a set of factory takeoffs for $500 or less.

Personally, I expect my wheel to be round and hold air. Not much else. Not once have I looked at my wheels going down the road. Steelies are perfectly fine with me. I'm not getting the Bronco to look at in the driveway.
wheels make or break a vehicle period. And theres no way this should be a factory wheel on a 30k vehicle.

5CBDA7D5-C379-4E4C-83E4-545114BC0304.png

Sponsored

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I 100% agree with you. Mainly about not being able to upgrade certain things without a bunch of other nonsense to go with it.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will FCA some credit. They have their packages setup around a theme not some arbitrary group of features that guarantees you are getting something you don't want just to get something you do.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

1. My 65 year old father is interested in a new 2 door bronco, he had one in the 80’s and he likes the new one like all of us so he wants to get one. He will not use it for major off roading, but he does live in North East Ohio where it snows 6 months a year so he needs something that can handle it. He likes the idea of the base because the nice standard equipment and the price, but theres a major problem. The 16 inch steelies are an embarassment to say the least! Now hes 65 and has never went off roading in his life, but even he knows that he couldnt be seen driving around town looking like that. So I told him to get a big bend, but those wheels and tires are puny too. So the black diamond he likes, but its 36k, has rock sliders which he will never use and has rubber floors which he doesnt want. Now your probally thinking, just buy new wheels and tires! Sure, but my dad and a lot of people buying the bronco are the type of people that like things stock and original, also its a shame the you buy a 32k bronco and immediatly have to spend $2k on wheels and tires before you can even show it two someone because its so embarrasing. Were hoping once the build and price comes out there will be a $800 option for him to upgrade the base wheels. Also, this will be every other bronco owners problem. You might have a cool first edition and feel all sweet but when you go to a ford dealer to see the bronco’s there will be a row of 10 with base ugly steelies and it will put a bad taste in your mouth. Also, the first time many people see a bronco will be on the road, and alot of bronco’s sold will be with steelies. So 40-50% of peoples first impression will be a bronco with ugly steelies and there going to think “thats the jeep fighting big bad bronco”? Huge miss by ford. Embarrasing.

2. I keep finding myself bouncing back and forth on trims like a pinball. I might want three options, a certain trim has those three options. Then i say well maybe that 1 extra option would be nice, so i go to the next trim level, i get that new option but by doing that I just lost the 3 options i liked??? Like wtf!!

3. Ford has two many trims. Should have 4 trims plus the first edition so 5 total. First two trims have cloth and carpet, last two trims have leather and carpet. Rubber floors and marine vinyl are options on all 5 trims! Also the 12 inch is an available upgrade on trim level 2 and standard on 3 and 4. Also alot of people like blis, but in order to get it you need lane departure auto braking and all this other bs. Ive never heard of a vehicle trimpackage option that you get no safety features, or 5 safety features. Complete and utter nonsense.
You need to chill and let your dad get what he wants....I am 75 and ordered the base model....I love stock vehicles....and the steel stock wheels make me smile....my age bracket does not care what some facebook hoople head thinks about showing off.....so take a chill pill and let your dad get what he wants.....

hotcorner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, 997tts, 1m, RRSport, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Boo hoo! Can't please everyone.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the thing with the base is that they expect the mass majority of those folks to customize it...so they put the cheapest wheel on it so you can swap it out. And like many have also said you'll be able to score other wheel options in no time.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The first Broncos on the street are going to be $60,000 rolling billboards for Ford. I bet you don't see a steel wheeled base model for months after.

Most of the things you want to add are easily added.

The dealers around here (OK) love to buy base models and slap wheels on them, tint the windows, and put a little more heat on the MSRP. You can usually get them down to a decent price on that stuff though.
Good reply, right on the mark, IMO.

The first vehicles built are usually option heavy / high trim / high price.

Overall, I think Ford did a good job with trim levels. They do make some sense to me. Do they allow me to build a Bronco exactly how I want? No actually. But, keeping certain features like premium audio to higher trim vehicles is very common in the auto industry, so it's not a beef I have with the Bronco specifically.

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a simple fix @Its_OJ, get him the base and add the sasquatch package. Basesquatch is far from the minority here. If your father doesn't want to rock 35s on a lift from the factory I'm sure Ford will offer plenty of options. I'd wait until the configuration tool is out to cast judgement. Also, those steelies are dope. I won't be rockin them but I like the way they look so each their own.

You should get your dad on here, I'm sure he'd enjoy the community.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Just get the sasquatch package.

PR4X4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ and Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm confused if he likes the Black Diamond but the wheels and tires on the Big Bend are too small? Both come stock with 17 in. wheels, the Black Diamond tires are bit wider. Easy upgrade once the factory tires wear out. Overall I think Ford did a great job with the trim levels.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean to me the base should have 30in steelies, it makes it a better build truck so if you plan on modifying the living hell out of it, you don't want to spend extra cash on wheels you are just going to throw away.
Sponsored