Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dislike. This pretty much puts me at a Outer Banks now as there really isn't any difference between the two that can't be optioned between the two. I just want that black Bronco emblem on the back.

Also, want the Roast interior but gosh I hate the blue that is in there.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope so. Now if they would just MIC the grill and nix the gloss black rings for the better looking silver ones.
Says the one who has an Outer Banks on order that has that (the rings anyway)?

Order any of the other 5 trims if you want that stuff, why advocate removing them from the one trim that has it?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the only reason they kept this trim for 2022 was because of all the 2021 orders that were already in. They stripped everything that made it "Wildtrak" and I think it is the beginning of the end for this one.
Interesting, to me the only thing that makes a WT a WT was really The interior colors. Everything else could be had on any trim.

Now you're getting a little bit of a discount with the WT then you would with some other trim where you have to add all those options up.

I mean I know people get passionate about some things that seem irrelevant to others, but I hardly think door handles define a trim :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Says the one who has an Outer Banks on order that has that (the rings anyway)?

Order any of the other 5 trims if you want that stuff, why advocate removing them from the one trim that has it?
Sorry, was this meant for me? I never ordered an outer banks, hate the interior. I've been a WT ever since we could place our order.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, was this meant for me? I never ordered an outer banks, hate the interior. I've been a WT ever since we could place our order.
You have Outer Banks on your profile, so I deduced that that's what you ordered.

Regardless, there are 5 other trims with the colored bits you seem to want.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have Outer Banks on your profile, so I deduced that that's what you ordered.

Regardless, there are 5 other trims with the colored bits you seem to want.
If you're talking about the picture that shows up on my Ford reservation page, yeah it is never matched my order, but we all know about the website experts at Ford.

And unless something changed, I believe the only trim other than WT that has anything that resembles sandstone is the Big bend, however that one doesn't allow you to go any higher than MID.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're talking about the picture that shows up on my Ford reservation page, yeah it is never matched my order, but we all know about the website experts at Ford.

And unless something changed, I believe the only trim other than WT that has anything that resembles sandstone is the Big bend, however that one doesn't allow you to go any higher than MID.
Ford Bronco True? 2022 Wildtrack will have MIC Door Handles and Mirror Caps Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 11.25.51 AM

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that the obx is now the sole trim with body colored things
When I first wanted the wildtrak a year ago, I wish I could change it to Mic handles. Just think it breaks up the fender paint well
yes... except the fender paint will be a grey plastic, that fades, and the MIC color is a bit darker. You will now be stuck with MIC colored parts, for the life of the Bronco.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the only reason they kept this trim for 2022 was because of all the 2021 orders that were already in. They stripped everything that made it "Wildtrak" and I think it is the beginning of the end for this one.
Nailed it. I've asked a few wildtrak order holders why they ordered a wildtrak, when you can get everything the wildtrak has with a badlands but you can't get everything the badlands has with a wildtrak. I think the final answer was cost, but I haven't confirmed. They said it's cheaper to get a wildtrak than a fully loaded (mechanical wise) badlands. But even if the sway disco is only an extra $500 I don't see how you can spend $57k+ and fret over $500 for an extremely useful feature to either yourself or the next owner. That being said, I loved the body colored handles and black rings. I'm going to see about doing a swap with someone on my badlands once I get it. It sounds like there are plenty of maniacs here that actually think MIC handles look better than body colored :ROFLMAO: I'd say the same thing about the rings, but I've heard good arguments there about scratching while wheeling. I've also seen some of the outrageously ugly aftermarket wheel choices of some of you b6g forum members, so I'm not surprised lol

The MIC mirrors I'm fine with, they'll get scratched to hell here in the Oregon forests, especially without power folding mirrors, but the MIC door handles are my sole complaint on the bronco. My bronco is spec'd at $62k, how in the world do I have the same handles as a base model?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting that the obx is now the sole trim with body colored things
When I first wanted the wildtrak a year ago, I wish I could change it to Mic handles. Just think it breaks up the fender paint well
🤦🏻‍♂️

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nailed it. I've asked a few wildtrak order holders why they ordered a wildtrak, when you can get everything the wildtrak has with a badlands but you can't get everything the badlands has with a wildtrak. I think the final answer was cost, but I haven't confirmed. They said it's cheaper to get a wildtrak than a fully loaded (mechanical wise) badlands. But even if the sway disco is only an extra $500 I don't see how you can spend $57k+ and fret over $500 for an extremely useful feature to either yourself or the next owner. That being said, I loved the body colored handles and black rings. I'm going to see about doing a swap with someone on my badlands once I get it. It sounds like there are plenty of maniacs here that actually think MIC handles look better than body colored :ROFLMAO:

The MIC mirrors I'm fine with, they'll get scratched to hell here in the Oregon forests, especially without power folding mirrors, but the MIC door handles are my sole complaint on the bronco. My bronco is spec'd at $62k, how in the world do I have the same handles as a base model?
A Badlands that is optioned the same as a Wildtrak, leather, 2.7, auto, Sas and onward... is about $3500 more than the same Wildtrak!!!

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've asked a few wildtrak order holders why they ordered a wildtrak, when you can get everything the wildtrak has with a badlands but you can't get everything the badlands has with a wildtrak.
Except the WT has Sport GOAT mode; Badlands does not.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs