Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3682BB67-79E4-4ACE-9A9F-F6C5D0F730F0.jpeg

As some know I’ve been putting together the mods for the most power I can put down out of a 2.7 2 door. This will be the log for mods done and numbers put down. This will give the community a base line for what to expect between mods and mods with tune. Real numbers. This will determine what you can expect for making the trip for the “tune” and if it’s worth it for you.

Currently heading to dyno authority in Canada on the 17th. Last night I decided to run meth also. So not sure if we’re doing Friday or will push back a week. Dyno authority has put down the biggest bronco number to date with their tune. 403 out of a base 2.7 with a k&n intake, plus a handful more at or over the 400 horse mark.

They have yet to run one with downpipes as they can’t get one in with no cel on. Mine has never popped a light and running 100% with bolt ons. May be the unicorn badlands or I just had my mouth right on the last bolt.

Build is a 22 2 Dr Badland Sas high
2.7 auto
8k miles
Jan 10 2022 bd

Mods
-Afe momentum gt cai
/Afe blade runner charge pipes
-Jms pedalmax terrain
-Jb4 module
-Mishimoto intercooler
- Kompact EM VR19 Dual Port
-Upr catch can
-Spd down pipes
-Magna flow 11229 mid mount
-Awe 0fg rear/tip
-Jrcoffroad motor cover
-Anderson composites r type carbon hood modified to be fully vented.
-Maxxis buckshot 2’s 35”x12.50x17
-93 octane

This is the first time a complete list of what’s on my truck has been posted. Everything can be purchased and installed in your back yard.

IDA would like the Procal tune removed and reverted to stock. They also would like to see a jb4 installed. Which I already have.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to see the guys at international dyno authority. Loved the place. Team is awesome. setup is small and personalized. Amount of knowledge was mind blowing. I tripped up Wally the tuner with the downpipes. First set they’ve seen on a bronco. He actually ran out of fuel and hit the lean fuel cut off. First time he’s ever seen that too. Said the exhaust is too efficient and loved it.

Took around 3 hours with 14 runs. Was very pleased with the trip.

This is my base line. All the mods plus the jb4 equals not shit without a tune. Talk about a hard truth. Was extremely disappointed in that base line run. But that is with big ass 35’s which he thinks only pulled 19 horse out from what he’s seen with the other broncos. Either way very disappointing.

0DA5EF9E-03EC-413B-9980-E855DD195F09.png

Final results will be posted in a week or so. They brought in a videographer for the run. I told him I would let them release the video and I will post that link. It is impressive to say the least.

Right now I can say I left with more horse at the wheels then a braptor makes at the crank and it’s under 550. Fuel system is the constraint on the 2.7 until the ecu is cracked and the safeties can be adjusted. It is capable of breaking all 4 loose off the get when the boost hits and that kick down got a whole new meaning. Popped the tc light at 70 today on a kick down. The tune separated the exhaust note. It now has definition to it. It actually thumps. Absolutely no crackle or drone, even at wot. Crazy. Think it’s perfect now, at least the exhaust part.

Will be ordering meth on Monday to add to the truck. That will make up for the fuel system deficiency. Enjoyed the trip so much will be heading back to have it tuned with the meth kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I’m reading correct the tune is the best money spent?
Imo, Yes it is. Stock 2.7 with a cai, one of the good ones are averaging 380-400 wh when they leave. No more mods needed.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Meth will not make up for a fuel deficiency. You need more fuel via injectors and or fuel pump(s). Meth is just cooling the charge to squash detonation. If your tuner is saying you run out of fuel you need more fuel. Meth isn't going hurt and will help when you have more fuel. Meth is no a substitute for fuel.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meth will not make up for a fuel deficiency. You need more fuel via injectors and or fuel pump(s). Meth is just cooling the charge to squash detonation. If your tuner is saying you run out of fuel you need more fuel. Meth isn't going hurt and will help when you have more fuel. Meth is no a substitute for fuel.
Correct. I should have said to make up for octane deficiency on top end. We had higher numbers then final but had to be dialed back for fuel deficiency. It was tripping the lean safety.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You’re gonna make me wait a whole week to see the numbers 😁

Anyway, I’m really surprised how low your stock WHP and TQ numbers are…doesn’t seem right. The video they did with the stock WT put out much better numbers…

Ford Bronco TRX4 Dyno tune 2106F23C-3900-4224-8CBE-AFB1880EADE0

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re gonna make me wait a whole week to see the numbers 😁

Anyway, I’m really surprised how low your stock WHP and TQ numbers are…doesn’t seem right. The video they did with the stock WT put out much better numbers…

Ford Bronco TRX4 Dyno tune 2106F23C-3900-4224-8CBE-AFB1880EADE0
Hopefully by Friday.

Got some heavy 35’s.

Looking to get the meth on by next weekend. Have to start pulling fenders and interior panels this weekend to find a spot for a tank.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Such a beast!

@Ground_zero298 Has the world’s most powerful 6G Bronco 🤟

Hopefully for a month or 2 lol. Will be getting passed shortly I’d imagine. But it was for the torque output for off-roading. Just excited to get this part finished up.

Suspension parts have been ordered for months. So that may end up being the last phase the way it’s looking. After that’s done I’m selling it or getting a small overland trailer. trailer.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder what it'll make once there's throttle bodies, injectors, wastegate actuators and bigger turbo's available, gonna be a monster!

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder what it'll make once there's throttle bodies, injectors, wastegate actuators and bigger turbo's available, gonna be a monster!
I think when they get the ecu cracked it will make a lot more power as it sits now. Ford put some next level encryption on it. No one cracked it in 2+ years of trying. But for now it’s way better than it was and if they don’t crack the ecu I’m good with what I have.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any specific reason they had to dyno it in 4th gear? And are they using a pure inertia dyno where they can't control the RPM/s ramp rate?

You can get away with a LOT during a 2 second pull that would put you in serious danger in, say, 7th or 8th gear or while continuing to spin tires under load in the mud or sand.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think when they get the ecu cracked it will make a lot more power as it sits now. Ford put some next level encryption on it. No one cracked it in 2+ years of trying. But for now it’s way better than it was and if they don’t crack the ecu I’m good with what I have.
anything man makes has weaknesses

that ecu will be cracked eventually
Sponsored