Gordon Freeman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rail cart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So now with packages prices reveal I'm oscillating between BL and WT.
So I want to visit any Ford dealer and test with my very own ass following options:

1) Vinyl seats vs cloth seats
2) [Test drive for road noise] Rubberized floor vs carpet floor
3) [Test drive] 2.7 + Normal mode vs sport mode

Explanation of 3) - Back in the days when I drove EcoBoost Mustang 2015 I remember that 2.3 + Normal was slow as s**t while 2.3 + Sport was enjoyable so Sport mode was my daily driver. I want to understand if 2.7 + Normal is OK. If it is not, I'll drop BL (as not having Sport mode) and will pick WT.

What cars do you suggest to try for each option?
Thanks!
Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like various F-150s will get you the tests you want.

With regard to the rubber flooring. When I bought my Sport Trac it only came with rubber flooring and carpeted mats. It has sound deadening insulation under it and plastic studs that the mats lock onto. I didn't think it was too great of a design. The rubber floors and leather seats seemed strange to some people.

Now after years of use I love it. The carpeted mats stayed in about half the time. I'd pull them for everything except commuting. Overall I think the interior has lasted longer with this versatility. I don't hose it out but will spray it with the hose a little or with a cleaner and scrub it with a towel.

The pictures of the Bronco look to use the same system but with added drain plugs. If this ends up being the offering it will be great. I would pick rubber flooring with carpeted mats over full carpet in almost every instance.

OP
OP

Gordon Freeman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rail cart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With regard to the rubber flooring. When I bought my Sport Trac it only came with rubber flooring and carpeted mats. It has sound deadening insulation under it and plastic studs that the mats lock onto. I didn't think it was too great of a design.
This is great then, thank you for sharing your experience.
I definitely do not care about what other people will say but I do care about longevity and keeping my car clean. It's a huge plus if rubberized floor includes sound deadening material.In that case it's not an issue then.
Sponsored