Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recently put a light bar on my Bronco, even though I was warned of the noise it would cause. Well sure enough it caused noise. Some people on here and other websites recommended trying an AeroLidz light bar cover. I've decided to give it a try. Installation wasn't too bad. I have a 50" light bar, and the cover comes a little bigger then that, so I measured twice and cut once using a chop saw. It was super easy and fit like a glove once I did that. I only did it last night so I haven't had much driving experience yet to give a full review. I will say till about 40 mph there is no noise. I did notice a quiet high pitch whistle (hope that makes sense) from 55 to 70 mph. After I got to work and did some research and I discovered I didn't have it pushed on the whole way. I will report back soon now that it is correctly installed.
Cheers!
Ford Bronco Trying out an AeroLidz light bar cover PXL_20230606_213515806
Ford Bronco Trying out an AeroLidz light bar cover PXL_20230606_201659086
Ford Bronco Trying out an AeroLidz light bar cover PXL_20230606_213458129
Ford Bronco Trying out an AeroLidz light bar cover PXL_20230606_213501716
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Bigred86

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So after pushing the cover on correctly at lunch here's my findings for anyone interested... I tested from 0 to 80 mph. If you have a light bar and need to go faster than 80mph on the highway, perhaps you should of bought a Mustang 😂.
From 0 to roughly 55 mph there is little to no noise at all! From that speed up to 80 I did hear a little of a whoosh sound. It was one of those sounds that if you weren't listening for it you'd probably never even notice it.
All I can say is, if you have a light bar and want to quiet it down, I really recommend checking out an AeroLidz light bar cover! If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer the best I can.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So after pushing the cover on correctly at lunch here's my findings for anyone interested... I tested from 0 to 80 mph. If you have a light bar and need to go faster than 80mph on the highway, perhaps you should of bought a Mustang 😂.
From 0 to roughly 55 mph there is little to no noise at all! From that speed up to 80 I did hear a little of a whoosh sound. It was one of those sounds that if you weren't listening for it you'd probably never even notice it.
All I can say is, if you have a light bar and want to quiet it down, I really recommend checking out an AeroLidz light bar cover! If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer the best I can.
A month later are you still happy overall with it? I’m in a toss up between this and the Zroadz wind diffuser.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A month later are you still happy overall with it? I’m in a toss up between this and the Zroadz wind diffuser.
Zroadz requires you to drill into the light bar fins and rivet the flange onto the light bar. It does look sleeker since you don't really see it.

Aerolidz slides right over, but you do see it

Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Zroadz requires you to drill into the light bar fins and rivet the flange onto the light bar. It does look sleeker since you don't really see it.

Yeah, I saw that regarding the Zroadz. I was contemplating using JB Weld instead of drilling/riveting into the light bar.

The thing I'm concerned about Aerolidz is the price and that the lense will diffuse and redirect some of the light.

Most likely I'll try some of the quick $10-ish fixes and then bump up to the higher priced solutions.

OP
OP
Bigred86

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A month later and I am still absolutely pleased with it! The sound has still been quiet, nothing has changed. Also the durability of it is great. I've had it through the car wash 4 times now and it is still holding up and looks good. Highly recommend this product!

ZROADZOFFICIAL

Badlands
First Name
ZROADZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only our Dual Row Diffusers require drilling a small hole in the 2nd from the bottom fin where there is no interference with the LED. As for Single Row LED lights, as long as there is a channel along the bottom side, you simply slide a bolt into the channel and fasten our diffuser with a nut. However, it does not work on all single-row LEDs as designs do vary from one manufacturer to another.
Sponsored