Sponsored

Trying to better understand the offroad community's opinion of sway bar disconnect

Bronco_dude

Wildtrak
First Name
Stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sway bar disconnect is a tool just like lockers,cameras ,GPS etc. it has its place for certain types of terrain. Some folks will never be in a spot it’s useful. Others will use it all the time. Pay attention to how you use your vehicle. Experiment with it on and off and you’ll find out if it’s useful to you. This is my opinion and you may get a bunch of different opinions.
I have a Wildtrack/Sasquatch - no disconnect. I went wheeling in the desert with some jeepers (that have e-swaybar disconnect) and even though I had no problem climbing any of the hills they said I routinely picked up one of my back wheels going over rocks. So now I have AC fab disconnects.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was a good read. I have a Badlands, and yes I am in S. FL. The parks around me are nice, but we have nothing compared to places I would need the disconnect. That said, I am glad I have the option and its better to have and not need than to need and not have.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bingo! And that second part is key. For me, 80% of the time I have my stabilizer bar disconnected, all four of my tires are still touching the ground, but the trail ride is soooo much smoother.

If you enjoy being tossed around inside the cabin at low speeds while running a rough trail, then by all means keep it connected. Otherwise, enjoy the Bronco's soft trail-tuned suspension at low speeds, and let it reconnect by itself when the speed gets over 20 mph.
Larger tires makes the ride smoother too. 😁

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use mine all the time, I’m into rock crawling. Give it a try in different situations and see how it makes your vehicle feel and how much it can actually help in lots of situations… I have been off Roading for over 20 years, most my vehicles didn’t have it and I did just fine.. But it definitely helps and I use whatever options I have to keep me moving forward..
Sponsored