Sponsored

Trying To Confirm If Yakima Lock N Load Platform Can Mount Directly To Ford Bronco OEM Crossbars?

OP
OP
IWDesertGuy

IWDesertGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Dr Badlands LUX+SASQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to all for your input. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘

I will be starting the platform assembly and install - using the basic clamps - next week!

I'll post pictures.
Sponsored

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do s anyone here have enough knowledge/ feedback with the size K platform to confirm if a rooftop tent could fit and not fail? Specifically with two bodies up on it? Been waiting to pull the trigger for sometime now

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got this on Amazon (2-Door also available), $90:
Ford Bronco Trying To Confirm If Yakima Lock N Load Platform Can Mount Directly To Ford Bronco OEM Crossbars? 1670214707009

I've used it once, when we had a blustery 3-day rainstorm. The car's surface was completely dry, but I found the plastic clips slipped of the elastic corner straps, which you connect to spacing in the wheel. (If you have a solid wheel, you'll have to rig it some other way.) I fixed that with short, tight bungee cords looped through wheel spacing and onto the bottom corner grommet.
But your question is, will it cover a roofrack? I can't answer from personal experience, but it's fairly roomy, and I'm pretty sure it will. (I have an uninstalled TrailRax carrier, so I'll find out for myself.) It's roomy enough a strong gale blew it off once. It also has special pockets for the mirrors (but I prefer to fold them in). I appreciate the yellow reflective markers.
For $90, I think it's a good bet. The Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/QUNSUNUS-Bro...&sprefix=bronco+car+cover,aps,113&sr=8-5&th=1

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be starting the platform assembly and install - using the basic clamps - next week!

I'll post pictures.
Did you ever get around to doing this?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll post pictures.
Hey OP, this is a good thread. I also just got my 2 Dr delivered and plan to use the small LockNLoad for holding my Trax, shovel, Axe, and maybe load my big ass bagged Gazelle tent.

Can you post those pics and what other accessories you needed to affix to the OEM rack?

Thanks for any guidance.

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey OP, this is a good thread. I also just got my 2 Dr delivered and plan to use the small LockNLoad for holding my Trax, shovel, Axe, and maybe load my big ass bagged Gazelle tent.

Can you post those pics and what other accessories you needed to affix to the OEM rack?

Thanks for any guidance.

Im looking for additional storage for my 2dr with factory rack and was gonna grab this Lock N Load platform kit (K).
Want to see a few more pics as well!

What part number clamp from Yakima was used for clamping to the factory rails?

never mind- I found!https://yakima.com/products/locknlo...48.246600315.1675730010-1957212917.1675623641
Sponsored

Last edited: