bentbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve placed my order for a black diamond but am reconsidering my build. I’m deciding on whether I should add the sasquatch package to my black diamond order or change it completely to get the badlands with the upgraded wheel. That sway bar disconnect is appealing but the 35s are as well. They would be the same price and fall within my budget. So I must decide between the two. They would be identical builds other than trim level with mid, 2.7 auto and hitch. I’m in no way experienced at off roading but I’ve always wanted to try it. I happen to find myself living in a place where I would utilize the capability of this vehicle baring my own lack of testicular fortitude of course. So I want to take advantage this time of my life and get this new experience started. Any advice from experienced off roaders would be much appreciated! Thank you 🙏
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I started off with just the BD, but recently added sasquatch. Figured for what sasquatch comes with it's worth it instead of doing it aftermarket. Just get exactly what I want now and focus on adding little stuff here and there instead of having to worry about adding bigger tires and then probably a lift. Just easier to have it done by Ford lol.

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get the Badlands. Add Lux.

If you got the dough, spend it and enjoy it. Nothing worse than thinking about what you should’ve done.

✌

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve placed my order for a black diamond but am reconsidering my build. I’m deciding on whether I should add the sasquatch package to my black diamond order or change it completely to get the badlands with the upgraded wheel. That sway bar disconnect is appealing but the 35s are as well. They would be the same price and fall within my budget. So I must decide between the two. They would be identical builds other than trim level with mid, 2.7 auto and hitch. I’m in no way experienced at off roading but I’ve always wanted to try it. I happen to find myself living in a place where I would utilize the capability of this vehicle baring my own lack of testicular fortitude of course. So I want to take advantage this time of my life and get this new experience started. Any advice from experienced off roaders would be much appreciated! Thank you 🙏
Both are good choices and will get you off-roading. Having 35 inch tires will get you more advanced, difficult places and will only be necessary a very small percentage of the time. I am going with A 2 door BL, not SAS with optional wheels. I live in Las Vegas and have great places to go very close. If I decide later I want 35s, I will make the mods for 35s. I do not think I will need to do that.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try to put together a comparison of things you would likely want/need to add on later to achieve what you may need to accomplish your goals. If you do end up needing the disconnect, estimate that added cost (as an example) versus adding 35s to the badlands. Keep in mind all the bits to make each option work as well as just the main part (switches, wiring, hydraulics...) and the installation costs if you’re not the wrenching kind of person. In the end, if you truly plan to push the limits of their capabilities, I think you’ll choose the badlands just because there’s a lot less to add on.
Sponsored