Sponsored

Trying to decide if I should change my order from a Black Diamond Sas to a Wildtrak Hoss 3.0.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MotorTrend guys said they couldn't name Bronco "SUV of the year" in part because of build quality. I'm wondering if delaying to a 2023 Wildtrak will have any effect on quality. Maybe the chip shortage will be a thing of the past. Maybe there will be less pressure on production. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Things arenā€™t getting any better on supply chain issuesā€¦ highly doubt the 23 MY is gonna be any better at this rate.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn't assume that things will improve for 23. Especially in the chip department.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never let the opinions of the talking heads from car magazines or television shows sway your decisions. They have vested interests and human bias in their opinions. Example, Motor Trend is mostly comprised of Mopar enthusiasts. Not my opinion, but a fact. Their obvious pecking order for the Big three is Mopar, GM, then Ford.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

HOSS 2.0 has been independently driven and thoroughly reviewed, with positive feedback. We know of two shock failures that I can recall. Otherwise people are impressed with the ride quality on and off road.

Question: Other than an exclusive Fox option, what do we think HOSS 3.0 brings in ride and capability over HOSS 2.0? I think I read somewhere front and rear will actually be less.

(Edit): NM - answered my own question:

The HOSS 3.0 bundle combines Fox 2.5-inch internal bypass dampers, revises spring rates, severe-duty steering rack and tie rod ends from Ford Performance, a front skid plate, and a powder-coated steel bumper with integrated fog lights.
So there is a lot of additional value for the Wildtrak buyer beyond Fox. Would be nice if that severe-duty steering rack and tie rod ends feature made it into Badlands.

If they ever offer a higher capacity towing package, that will be about the rear spring rates (and not a Badlands option).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
HOSS 2.0 has been independently driven and thoroughly reviewed, with positive feedback. We know of two shock failures that I can recall. Otherwise people are impressed with the ride quality on and off road.

Question: Other than an exclusive Fox option, what do we think HOSS 3.0 brings in ride and capability over HOSS 2.0? I think I read somewhere front and rear will actually be less.

(Edit): NM - answered my own question:

So there is a lot of additional value for the Wildtrak buyer beyond Fox. Would be nice if that severe-duty steering rack and tie rod ends feature made it into Badlands.

If they ever offer a higher capacity towing package, that will be about the rear spring rates (and not a Badlands option).
Looking forward to some more real world info in this thread on the HOSS 3.0. Not much out there other than high level press releases.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think waiting until '23 does anything for build quality at all. As to the car writers, they are comparing it to vehicles outside of it's true class. It's not an "SUV" in traditional sense. It's an open air 4x4. In that class, it has the best build quality on the market. It really is very good.

That said, I would rather have HOSS 3.0 than Sas without disconnect...but if I could get one now v waiting, I would go Sas.
Sponsored