Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine came scratched so the dealer repainted the entire roll bar and then added PPF and also put felt padding on the hinges. I took it a step further and put more felt padding on every metal part within 1/2 of the roll cage. This was back in July so well before the bulletin. Dealer did a great job implementing a fix on their own. I've since put the top all the way back dozens of times by myself and no scratches.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Velcro, and lets overlook the scratches~

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is getting protective film on the roll bar before it leaves the lot.
Yeah it seems like a well known issue at this point. A protective film is cheap and will protect your investment nicely. I will be doing the same.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Velcro won’t fix the screws sticking out..

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2339 : Soft Top Roof - Paint Scratches On Sports Tube / Roll Bar (2021 Bronco) 5E136B87-431E-425A-8B6A-745C1FE6CC56

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2339 : Soft Top Roof - Paint Scratches On Sports Tube / Roll Bar (2021 Bronco) CBA6C9C6-B2E6-4780-9E30-938D5B186366

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2339 : Soft Top Roof - Paint Scratches On Sports Tube / Roll Bar (2021 Bronco) 78EB7BDB-141D-4B14-A085-B69D4C86E9B0

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Velcro won’t fix the screws sticking out..

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2339 : Soft Top Roof - Paint Scratches On Sports Tube / Roll Bar (2021 Bronco) 78EB7BDB-141D-4B14-A085-B69D4C86E9B0

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it seems like a well known issue at this point. A protective film is cheap and will protect your investment nicely. I will be doing the same.
If that's the case, my dealer lives under a rock. Brought mine into Mullinax Ford in West Palm for general top rattles and the scratched up paint. Writer comes back and says "tech says there's no binding and it opens and closes fine." Then they tried blaming ME for the scratches, stating the top needs two people to open and close.

That's when I finally stopped playing nice and asked, so if it's my fault, why does Ford have an open TSB specifically about this issue? Gave the writer the TSB again (told him 3 days ago when bringing in the truck and a week and a half ago to the girl documenting the appointment). THEN he reads it, sees they're on the hook to fix the scratches and perform the repair.

I swear.... the lengths Ford service writers go to skip the warranty pay items absolutely blows my mind. In 15 years of owning a Ford this has always been an issue. On the bright side, I guess they're not as bad as the Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM writers - those guys don't run ANYTHING through warranty.

mhblueyz

Badlands
First Name
Mariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT Rocky Ridge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems to not be isolated to 21MY. Got my 22MY a month ago and 2nd time putting soft top down….this!

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2339 : Soft Top Roof - Paint Scratches On Sports Tube / Roll Bar (2021 Bronco) C32E0075-A9CB-4569-9FB3-501A2BBD813C

BroncoForU

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thinking about Rhino Lining mine. Thoughts?

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's the case, my dealer lives under a rock. Brought mine into Mullinax Ford in West Palm for general top rattles and the scratched up paint. Writer comes back and says "tech says there's no binding and it opens and closes fine." Then they tried blaming ME for the scratches, stating the top needs two people to open and close.

That's when I finally stopped playing nice and asked, so if it's my fault, why does Ford have an open TSB specifically about this issue? Gave the writer the TSB again (told him 3 days ago when bringing in the truck and a week and a half ago to the girl documenting the appointment). THEN he reads it, sees they're on the hook to fix the scratches and perform the repair.

I swear.... the lengths Ford service writers go to skip the warranty pay items absolutely blows my mind. In 15 years of owning a Ford this has always been an issue. On the bright side, I guess they're not as bad as the Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM writers - those guys don't run ANYTHING through warranty.
Update - body shop won't return calls to fix this. Oh how I love dealing with Ford dealers again.

Sponsored

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update - body shop won't return calls to fix this. Oh how I love dealing with Ford dealers again.

I took delivery a month ago and chipped the paint on theroll bar the first time I put the top all the way back After 1 week of ownership. What a buzzkill!?

I bought touch up paint, but then thought that this could easily happen again so I did research, Thanks to this thread, I dropped her off on Monday and informed them of the TSB. Heard back that they will repaint It tomorrow.

I bought a Bronco from Mullinax Central Florida (sold that one) and kept one I got at Autonation.

Such a shitty design that somehow is crept into ever 22’ models. They seemed to have rolled over the TSB a year, though some seem to being fixed at MAP? Where’s quality control when you need them.

Sorry you are having a rough go getting them to fix it. If they agreed to repair it what’s the issue with the body shop?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is getting protective film on the roll bar before it leaves the lot.
Check it well.
Mine had Dealer-applied scratches. Good news is they did not charge me for them. Free scratches. It's like a perk for us high-rollers. :ROFLMAO:

By the time I noticed it was a month after the fact and 1300 miles away from the dealer I got it from.
Slapped a sticker over that pappy and put felt on the roll bar frame.
So far I have added 4 small squares of felt in various places.
No more rattle, no more scratches (when lowered and lifted with great care).
Shame, but it had to be done.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery a month ago and chipped the paint on theroll bar the first time I put the top all the way back After 1 week of ownership. What a buzzkill!?

I bought touch up paint, but then thought that this could easily happen again so I did research, Thanks to this thread, I dropped her off on Monday and informed them of the TSB. Heard back that they will repaint It tomorrow.

I bought a Bronco from Mullinax Central Florida (sold that one) and kept one I got at Autonation.

Such a shitty design that somehow is crept into ever 22’ models. They seemed to have rolled over the TSB a year, though some seem to being fixed at MAP? Where’s quality control when you need them.

Sorry you are having a rough go getting them to fix it. If they agreed to repair it what’s the issue with the body shop?
Service Writer said to call the body shop manager to setup an appointment and he knew all about it. For a month I called and left messages which went unanswered. Called a regular body shop writer (not manager) and they said they didn't know anything about it and would have the manager call. Never happened. Finally had Ford get involved & we eventually got on the calendar - almost 3 months after the original service visit. Glad they're finally addressing it, but I won't miss the hoops I had to jump through.

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Service Writer said to call the body shop manager to setup an appointment and he knew all about it. For a month I called and left messages which went unanswered. Called a regular body shop writer (not manager) and they said they didn't know anything about it and would have the manager call. Never happened. Finally had Ford get involved & we eventually got on the calendar - almost 3 months after the original service visit. Glad they're finally addressing it, but I won't miss the hoops I had to jump through.
Classic run around! I guess once they figured you weren’t letting up they finally did their job.

Glad you got it addressed finally.

mhblueyz

Badlands
First Name
Mariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT Rocky Ridge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems to not be isolated to 21MY. Got my 22MY a month ago and 2nd time putting soft top down….this!

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2339 : Soft Top Roof - Paint Scratches On Sports Tube / Roll Bar (2021 Bronco) C32E0075-A9CB-4569-9FB3-501A2BBD813C
Check the pivot point at position 1. my 22 did the same and found that the soft loop Velcro circle sticker they put to avoid this to fix the 21 models was off center exposing the edge of the metal.
Sponsored