Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A roll of electrical tape would not hurt - it even comes in colors.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect.

ZomboMeme 03102021151403.jpg

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have yet to put my soft top all the way back due to not having ppf or fuzzy velcro installed yet...

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My truck arrived about a 2 weeks ago to the dealer, they were not on there. And yes as a new owner I did scratch mine a bit before I realized you need to pull away as you lift it. I was showing off the truck to another dealer and demonstrated what they needed to educate their own customers on (as they had yet to take one all the way down)

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably a good place to add this. For $25 - already cut to fit.

Roll Bar PPF
As a Subaru fanboy I definitely didn’t expect to see IAG on here. Wonder what else they have cooking.

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure this is already being done either at MAP or my dealer. My August delivery already had this done.
My Sept delivery had some small circles of felt, but wasn't enough. Scratched and chipped paint driver side 1st time putting top down.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Sept delivery had some small circles of felt, but wasn't enough. Scratched and chipped paint driver side 1st time putting top down.
Man these things must be pretty tight to cause scratches the very first time. I'm wondering, since I don't have mine yet, what is going to be the best way to drop the top the first time to avoid scratches?

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man these things must be pretty tight to cause scratches the very first time. I'm wondering, since I don't have mine yet, what is going to be the best way to drop the top the first time to avoid scratches?
Go SLOW, pay attention to keeping everything lined up and not torqued as you try to put down. Also when putting it back up!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go SLOW, pay attention to keeping everything lined up and not torqued as you try to put down. Also when putting it back up!
Lol I'm ultra paranoid now. I think the first time I may climb in and place some towels around the bars before dropping the top. Then install the PPF.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, noticed this on the dealer mannequin nearby. They've had a Cyber Orange Badlands, MorDoor Softtop for most the summer, and it's been getting used, as intended for Bronco order holders and as a service loaner (really cool color in person, and yes, it's school bus yellow, but it's not for me). I finally went out to check it out (not the dealer I'm using) because it had the upgraded wheels that I thought I wanted. But in talking with the salesman, I pointed out the rash on both rear roll bars, thinking someone might of had some fun with the rig. He said it was from the top. So I guess when you raise and lower the top on your own, the torsion/torque on the top mechanism pushes onto the rollbar and the bare metal arm scrapes as it goes up and down. Felt like they suggest will help, but I'd also throw a piece of ppf film on the bar itself if it's important to you to keep things looking nice. Also if you're raising and lowering the top with a buddy assisting on the other side, disregard, because it won't scrape.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems more aligned going down. Scratched mine bringing it back up. Definitely recommend taking it slow going both ways!
Sponsored