Tube Doors? Everyday use? After market?

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am very excited about being a future Bronco owner! I pretty set on what trim and stuff I want. (BL- Carbonized Gray- 2-door-2.7 auto)
My question is in regards to getting the Tube Doors. Here are my pros / cons:

Pros: Looks great!, safer then no doors, added protection, fits perfectly, warranty and matches great with my color selection C.G.

Cons: Will I really use them as much as I think?, better options in after market?

I not sure if the price is a pro or con. Seems fair to me...

What do you think?
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like them and I'm sure they will have factory level fit and finish. Price doesn't seem too bad to me.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on getting them. Hope I'll use them as much as I think I will. The price seems OK, wish they were a little less expensive. I think there will be cheaper aftermarket ones down the line but as @Hey19 said, the fit and finish probably won't be as good.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as tube doors go, the set available through Ford are probably your best bet. I have heard they crash tested them so you know they will be safe. If safety is the priority, then you won’t do better than OEM.

As far as the amount of usage they’ll get, that’s up to you. I never bought tube doors for my Jeep because when I took the doors off, it was because I wanted to be completely doorless. Lots of people use them though, and there will likely be attachments and accessories for Ford’s doors and aftermarket versions at some point.

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Performance Part ... OEM cant go wrong ...

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think the price is too much really. I mean it's 4 'doors', which isn't insignificant.

I don't doubt there will be aftermarket options at some point, but there's no way it'll compare well to OEM. If you think this is something you might want, I'd definitely get them through Ford

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about getting them but I don't want my Bronco held up if the cage doors aren't available immediately for some reason. I was in love with them until the SEMA concept had the roadster inserts and then my path changed. Im gonna order my Bronco fairly plain cause the aftermarket is gonna be flooded with options.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m with TNcoupe, I’m not sure what the stock is going to be like for those. I imagine that Ford wouldn’t hold up your truck for these, they would just ship them later to the dealer? I’m going to drive it for awhile and decide if I want to go back to Ford to buy them.

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been planning on ordering those since I saw them on B&P so I may be bit bias lol. I didn't think the price was too bad (especially since they are crash tested), and I love the fact they'll fit from day one. One of my main concerns with aftermarket - I don't know how it'll take the market to roll out with Bronco accessories instead of "universal" aka close enough parts.

I did have this dilemma with the bimini top and made the choice to wait because I don't really want to finance a $400 top for the life of the loan lol. I can wait for that until aftermarket catches up.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m with TNcoupe, I’m not sure what the stock is going to be like for those. I imagine that Ford wouldn’t hold up your truck for these, they would just ship them later to the dealer? I’m going to drive it for awhile and decide if I want to go back to Ford to buy them.
Ford said the Bronco will not leave until it leaves as it was ordered. I dont know if that applies to the accessories or not. Im not gonna chance it though. I would personally rather have the cage doors in raw steel so I could paint them Velocity blue instead of the crinkle black gray finish they have on them

Bronco007

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like this style by ADD Offroads better than tube doors. My kids always have toys, shoes, water bottles on the floor and I'm afraid things will be falling out especially on the highway. Don't really know the crash rating info.

Oh speaking of...........has anyone confirmed yet if there will be cup holders in the backseat 4D model?

8855A88D-068F-471D-8D21-3650EB134D16-1311-00000043E37EB04B.jpg

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like this style by ADD Offroads better than tube doors. My kids always have toys, shoes, water bottles on the floor and I'm afraid things will be falling out especially on the highway. Don't really know the crash rating info.

Oh speaking of...........has anyone confirmed yet if there will be cup holders in the backseat 4D model?

Ford Bronco Tube Doors? Everyday use? After market? 8855A88D-068F-471D-8D21-3650EB134D16-1311-00000043E37EB04B
strangely they only seem to offer cup holders with the leather option for the fold down backseat divider. Really annoying if it turns out to be the only option.

great looking doors there, I’d love to get the ford tube doors but I only want the front 2, I would never use the rear tube doors with kids in the back. So I’ll wait for aftermarket options or see if ford will sell me only front driver and passenger.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the tube doors and would like to get them at Z plan price, but for the relatively limited use (they will likely be stored at the cabin and only used there) it seems like aftermarket might be even less than Z plan. I think they will be worthwhile for trail riding and the occasion trip to the dunes. I drove my LJ doorless with Bimini a lot, but that was living in GA, weather and doorless season is much shorter in MI!
Sponsored