Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know what happened to these doors? They may not be to everyone's tastes, but Ford showed them off quite a bit.
Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.55.24 AM.png
A concept part that had no practical way to manufacture. Jeep had almost identical doors when they announced the JL and they never brought them to production either.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know what happened to these doors? They may not be to everyone's tastes, but Ford showed them off quite a bit.
They didn't pass crash testing so they got scrapped. The tube doors, however, did pass crash testing.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s the article.
https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/2022-ford-bronco-lineup-to-gain-dealer-installed-tube-doors/

2022 Ford Bronco Lineup To Gain Dealer Installed Tube Doors

Shortly after the 2021 Ford Bronco was revealed, some images of tube doors leaked out through the online configurator, and Ford has utilized these doors on a number of concepts to date, including the Trail Rig, and more recently, the Riptide. As Ford Authority reported last November, Ford also filed to trademark “EZ Air” with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, (USPTO), which could hint at an open-air door design of some sort. Now, sources familiar with the company’s product plans tell Ford Authority that the 2022 Ford Bronco lineup will gain dealer-installed tube doors.

Ford Bronco Tube Doors Finally Available?! 19E068CE-D497-4ED0-A47D-41D71F3CE3D7

The tube doors will be available as a dealer-installed option for both two-door and four-door Broncos, as well as all trim levels. As of this writing, there is no exact description or photos of what these doors might look like, nor is any pricing yet available. Regardless, these new tube doors will present buyers with yet another dealer-installed accessory available from Ford’s already expansive Bronco catalog.
I ordered them with my 2D Badlands.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

ChathamShark

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021, ’20 & ’15 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Dealer Installed" aka here is a box with your tube doors in them, btw I got $50 for the labor to hand them to you.
Yeah. How are they dealer installed if you’re going to swap back and forth with the regular doors? the whole point is modularity.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah. How are they dealer installed if you’re going to swap back and forth with the regular doors? the whole point is modularity.
I don't need them yet, but sure would be nice to have tube doors come spring. Has anyone seen aftermarket tube doors? All I can find are Jeep tube doors.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They were never intended for consumer production. The aftermarket may pick up the idea, but MB implies that Ford didn't care for the liability the design would expose them to.

The saddle leather seats and white dashboard/ribbed MGV seats were also only ever intended for marketing purposes.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-already-killed-the-coolest-bronco-feature-donut-doors/

Last edited:

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think for half the price you can buy a tube bender, and some quality steel tubing to make your own custom doors. Hell once you're done with that project you can make your own rock rails and numerous other components as well

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea, I have been thinking about the tube doors for my build. I have a feeling my 9 yo with ADHD will just lean out and either fall out or get hit by something. And it is weird that the article states that it isn't known what the look like or cost because they are on the B&P site along with being in the Accessories catalogue. The 4-door ones are $1360.
When I was driving with children in my Jeep, I would take just the front two doors off, and leave the back two doors on. Did not want to take a chance with no doors or tube doors, and they have just as much fun.
Sponsored