Sponsored

Tube Doors - Ford Performance factory version vs aftermarket?

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big question for me is the supply and how long Ford will be able to deliver these with the vehicles before they run out. Sure don't want to order them and have them delay delivery. I imagine it will take a year or so for aftermarket versions to be available regardless of the price tag.
This is my worry as well. It's good news that the Tube doors are Ford Performance Parts, however I think I am going to leave them off of my build order so that I can get it delivered as soon as possible. Then I'll just wait until it goes up on the FPP website and order it from there.
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will be on the look out for some "Made in the USA" tube door. The soft doors are interesting too.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't seen it discussed but are the tube doors 50 state DOT legal ? I saw in one of the Ford ads they put in a disclaimer that door removal was for off road use only but that vehicle was simply door less , it did not have the tube doors in place .

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Smittybuilt=China
Teslas are now built in China, the fact that it is 'built in China' doesn't discredit it.

The aftermarket will have a ton that will definitely match or beat OEM like most things.

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep which is exactly why I'm not considering any other tube doors. $850 for OEM quality isn't bad either. I don't want to put cheap crap on my new Bronco.
Where are you getting 850?
Teslas are now built in China, the fact that it is 'built in China' doesn't discredit it.

The aftermarket will have a ton that will definitely match or beat OEM like most things.
Well not all Tesla. There largest factory well soon be in the great state of Texas ??

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you getting 850?

Well not all Tesla. There largest factory well soon be in the great state of Texas ??
Ah you mean California 2.0 in 2025? hahah

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my worry as well. It's good news that the Tube doors are Ford Performance Parts, however I think I am going to leave them off of my build order so that I can get it delivered as soon as possible. Then I'll just wait until it goes up on the FPP website and order it from there.
Since Ford started curtailing expectations with the "late availability" and "high demand" talk, I have backed off the idea of getting OEM tube doors (regardless of any eventual quality assessment). I figure to best manage the commodities issue, I should just dump them and wait for either after-market options or they are in better supply. I'd rather roll the commodities dice on just a 2-door Badlands with 2.7L auto even though I have a late 7/14 reservation.

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When are they shopping? Anybody know? Ordered mine last week. Way better looking than the current aftermarket. Look much easier to switch out as well.