Sponsored

Tube Doors Yes or No What’s your Opinion?

Deleted member 13702

For four door $1500.00 is a lot of money. That said, I like them, specifically because I think I could skirt PAs "doors off not allowed law." But will probably wait a year or two and see what the aftermarket comes up with before I bite the bullet.

****Edit***
Just read up on this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...thing-the-jl-wrangler-can-t-ar189153.amp.html

Ford's tube bars come with airbags, which could justify the price.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For four door $1500.00 is a lot of money. That said, I like them, specifically because I think I could skirt PAs "doors off not allowed law." But will probably wait a year or two and see what the aftermarket comes up with before I bite the bullet.

****Edit***

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...thing-the-jl-wrangler-can-t-ar189153.amp.html

That link lists “leaked patent images” as their source for there being airbags in the doors.

I would take their conclusion with a hefty amount of salt.

Also, that article is based off of a thread on this forum:

https://www.bronco6g.com/factory-tube-doors-for-2021-bronco-leaked-preview/

AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s a no for me.

Deleted member 13702

That link lists “leaked patent images” as their source for there being airbags in the doors.

I would take their conclusion with a hefty amount of salt.

Also, that article is based off of a thread on this forum:

https://www.bronco6g.com/factory-tube-doors-for-2021-bronco-leaked-preview/
Lol, I saw that too. But my real question is, are you saying that something found on bronco6g.com might not be true.... Moderators.... Moderators....have this man removed.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

****Edit***

I don't think that's true. However, they are crash-tested. And there are side-curtain airbags in the Bronco unlike the Jeep.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would never get them. Especially if I was riving on dunes or dusty roads. I would have to spend hours cleaning and vacuuming the interior every time I go out. And the constant removing doors, putting those on, storing doors, taking them off and putting doors back on. Just for a little open air. F-dat. Roll the windows down and remove the top or freedom panels.
The way I used to wheel my jeeps, I would take the doors off so i didnt spend hours cleaning and lubing their internal mechanisms. As long as you dont have carpet on the floor hose it out and detail the dash then your done.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No at Ford's price point. Search tube doors for the Wrangler and there are plenty of options for much, much cheaper. I will either wait or fab my own. Also not concerned about warranty coverage as there is only so much that can go wrong on a couple pieces of tubing and simple latch.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having never owned a jeep I am up in the air at this time. I plan to get a 4 door and wonder what it would look like with tube doors just on the front row.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like how they look on the 2-door, but I'm getting a 4-door. I'll still get them for the versatility. There may be better aftermarket options, but I'm happy with the ones Ford is offering.

When they are not in use, I'll hang them on hooks in the garage.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah - too Mad Max for me. Donut Doors or Roadster Doors, then yes.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As a dad of 2 small-ish children I have convinced the wife this allows me to have the doors off without launching them onto the roadway

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buying a 4 door BL. I know the value of "no doors" when offroading in technical areas as you are constantly getting in and out as a passenger and consistently leaning out the door as a driver to get a better view. Quick entry and exit means muddy boots are kicking the door panels... Its one place I'm consistently cleaning on my current 4x4. The tube doors would be a nice option in that situation.

Even then, I would likely only remove the front two doors....
The backseat doors would likely stay on, even offroading.

Wondering if... I just bought the 2-door tube kit for $850 from FoMoCo, instead of the 4-door tube kits at $1500???? That's what I would likely use and it means less storage. I'll wait until after purchase as I can then compare to aftermarket. (Quadratec has numerous options < $500 for Jeep. I imagine they will have Bronco options in the near term.)

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buying a 4 door BL. I know the value of "no doors" when offroading in technical areas as you are constantly getting in and out as a passenger and consistently leaning out the door as a driver to get a better view. Quick entry and exit means muddy boots are kicking the door panels... Its one place I'm consistently cleaning on my current 4x4. The tube doors would be a nice option in that situation.

Even then, I would likely only remove the front two doors....
The backseat doors would likely stay on, even offroading.

Wondering if... I just bought the 2-door tube kit for $850 from FoMoCo, instead of the 4-door tube kits at $1500???? That's what I would likely use and it means less storage. I'll wait until after purchase as I can then compare to aftermarket. (Quadratec has numerous options < $500 for Jeep. I imagine they will have Bronco options in the near term.)
Probably need to wait for aftermarket as the 2dr and 4dr "front door" sizes are not the same. I like that idea too. I will probably end up with tube doors of some sort. I drove my Jeep w/o doors all spring/summer fall in GA, I assume it will be more on an off in MI. Having tube doors and hopefully a vinyl or canvas "skin" on the main body of the frame can extend my doors off time? I also like the idea of slightly better safety as well.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ll probably get them. I kinda got over the doorless feeling with my Jeep after the first summer. I like the open feeling but prefer to have some thing there. I’m sure Spiderweb shade will come out with a mesh skin that will cut down on wind turbulence and noise
Sponsored