Sponsored

Tube Doors Yes or No What’s your Opinion?

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meh. The tube doors aesthetically don't fit for me. That and I would never use them. I am an all or nothing kind of guy. I followed the fad with my FJ40 and made a set of factory half doors and ran the once. I can find better uses for that cash.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're actually really nice and glad I was able to see them in person. Not sure at this time I will get them but if I decide to I'll use my FordPass points towards them. Plus I want to see what aftermarket will have out.

Ford Bronco Tube Doors Yes or No What’s your Opinion? IMG_3419

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ditto for taking the doors off.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the idea of tube doors and my wife was always scared doorless in my cj7. However they always seem expensive to me, they are about the same price as a nice tube bender. Add a few hundred for steel and latches (maui prices)and I will be better off just fabbing some up. I actually think with the Broncos looks that a fairly simple slab sided looking door would be cool to without all the bends. I already got a tube notcher.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

its just an issue for storage for me. Where am i gonna put these things where they wont rust i dont have a garage?

I REALLY like those donut doors. However if they could somehow make it so you can "fill in" the donut with a removable piece to make it a whole door i would buy one in an instant.
A buddy of mine has tube doors for his jeep and lives in a condo. When not in use he has them leaning against the back wall of his clothes closet, completely out of sight and out of the way until he needs them again. They are much easier to manhandle than a regular factory door.

Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like the look of them and the added safety while I am out 4 wheeling on the dunes of Michigan.

Ford Bronco Tube Doors Yes or No What’s your Opinion? IMG_3419
Personally I’m ordering a set on day one for my FE Bronco. They add to the open air feel while providing an extra level of safety.
Ford Bronco Tube Doors Yes or No What’s your Opinion? 3526DC1F-733C-4A4C-B865-1F7BF0D24563

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in Colorado and will have the top and doors off most of the year (spring, summer, fall). The tube doors look great on the 2-door and will be perfect for what I'm using the Bronco for.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waste if money.
Get the doors off or keep the doors.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might skip the doors and go with a better seatbelt/harness. Though those are a PITA to routinely get in and out of. Like running errands around town, making 5 stops bla bla bla!

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely a wait and see product. I've never owned a Wrangler so I have no experience driving without doors. I'll see if I really prefer something to lean on or not and then see what they have. I figure they can always be bought directly from Ford, if I really want THOSE. No need for a professional installation.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look of them and the added safety while I am out 4 wheeling on the dunes of Michigan.

Ford Bronco Tube Doors Yes or No What’s your Opinion? 3526DC1F-733C-4A4C-B865-1F7BF0D24563
I would never get them. Especially if I was riving on dunes or dusty roads. I would have to spend hours cleaning and vacuuming the interior every time I go out. And the constant removing doors, putting those on, storing doors, taking them off and putting doors back on. Just for a little open air. F-dat. Roll the windows down and remove the top or freedom panels.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As little as I would use them I’m going to wait for aftermarket and see what they offer

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would never get them. Especially if I was riving on dunes or dusty roads. I would have to spend hours cleaning and vacuuming the interior every time I go out. And the constant removing doors, putting those on, storing doors, taking them off and putting doors back on. Just for a little open air. F-dat. Roll the windows down and remove the top or freedom panels.
I‘lol have the doors off in the middle of the winter in Michigan.
Sponsored