Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tube fender flares make sense for the narrow body on the Jeep, what do you all think we'll see for similar protection for our Broncos? Searched, didn't find anything, it'd be cool to see some products or renders.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’ll be a tough design without building new fenders... but I’d like to try.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been thinking about this actually, but taking a more extreme approach and creating a full "tube" quarter panel. My main concern however, is if the factory attachment points can take enough force to handle the tubes taking an impact without deforming the sheet metal that they would otherwise be screwed into. Or if those attachment points would have be reinforced somehow. There is a fab shop here in Phoenix I am going to have take a look at it after I take delivery, so we will see. Regardless I am excited about the possibility of being able to do this in general, hopefully without any welding or cutting of any part of the car itself.

I attached a screen shot from one of the videos showing the removal. It looks like those points should be pretty solid. This is a two door obviously, but the 4 Door looks like the their pretty solid as well.

Ford Bronco Tube Fenders/Flares Bronco Rear Quarter Panel Attachement Points

Last edited:
OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been thinking about this actually, but taking a more extreme approach and creating a full "tube" quarter panel. My main concern however, is if the factory attachment points can take enough force to handle the tubes taking an impact without deforming the sheet metal that they would otherwise be screwed into. Or if those attachment points would have be reinforced somehow. There is a fab shop here in Phoenix I am going to have take a look at it after I take delivery, so we will see. Regardless I am excited about the possibility of being able to do this in general, hopefully without any welding or cutting of any part of the car itself.

I attached a screen shot from one of the videos showing the removal. It looks like those points should be pretty solid. This is a two door obviously, but the 4 Door looks like the their pretty solid as well.

Ford Bronco Tube Fenders/Flares Bronco Rear Quarter Panel Attachement Points
That's awesome, keep us posted on what you come up with.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep... spread the load out across the area, kinda like a small roll cage. @LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's awesome, keep us posted on what you come up with.
It will be a while obviously, I got like 4 of the delayed options lol. But I definitely will!
Sponsored