Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm planning on getting some sliders that stick out and be used as steps (like the rugged ridge rrc) .. but we don't know when the aftermarket will be out.

In the meantime, i want to protect my Bronco from parking lot a-holes and their doors (unbelievable how many dents my 2 year old car already has in it)

Anyway... I see I can add the Tube Steps for 400 in the meantime. Question is, do you think they would protect from door dings?
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on getting some sliders that stick out and be used as steps (like the rugged ridge rrc) .. but we don't know when the aftermarket will be out.

In the meantime, i want to protect my Bronco from parking lot a-holes and their doors (unbelievable how many dents my 2 year old car already has in it)

Anyway... I see I can add the Tube Steps for 400 in the meantime. Question is, do you think they would protect from door dings?
not unless they stuck far enough outside of the door and people you park beside have flat sided doors (jeeps etc.). another alternative is to just park farther away from people and the place your going to

chicknwithabeer

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited 2015 Ford f150 3.5 E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that's one of the funniest things in the world. I've had several people pull up beside me and slam their door up against my slider. I watched one lady in a Kia hit my step 3 times before she quit.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a ding or two despite tube steps or sliders. It’s the rear doors that can arch over the step that still gets you.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to say until we see it in action....so many cars with miscellaneous heights

I see more people ding their doors leaving them slightly open while pumping gas....then the wind catches it and opens it further into one of those little concrete pillars protecting the tanks

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe if it’s lifted a bit more than stock, then the steps could offer more protection (from the rear doors mainly).

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of my good friends in high school had a beater Caddy and was parked at a mall, about to get out of his car, when an a-hole parked next to us in their spot. They opened their door super hard and hit my friend's driver side door, while we were still in the car! The a-hole had to have heard/felt it and totally ignored the situation, closed his door and went on his merry way.

So, we get out of my friend's car, my friend grabs his door and just repeatedly slams his door into the other car as hard as he possibly can. Like I said, it was a beater so he didn't care about the damage to his car.

It's the principle. Respect gets respect.

For me, I park in no-man's land and walk. I don't trust people to respect their own stuff so why should I expect them to respect mine?

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

probably would help with sas package because you'll be sitting up higher than most vehicles so they won't be able to hit the door. the vehicles that could would likely be parked in the back anyways.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Proper sliders put an end to door dings. Some of the nerf bar type steps probably don't.

I just laugh when I come out of WalMart and see fresh paint on my sliders.

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I want to replace the stock sliders as soon as I can to something I trust a bit more anyways. The stock ones are body mounted which is just uncool to me. I want something that ties into the frame a lot more. I'll likely have a buddy fab me up some as he did for my D90 and RRC in the past. Beefy sliders with steps that stood off a few inches for tree and door ding protection. Maybe I should see if he's interested in firing his fab biz back up for Bronco gear. He used to do a lot of Land Rover stuff before moving on to different things.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

These are exactly what I have in mind.
I like how those hide the pinch seam.

I left my Rubirails on just for looks when I put the rock sliders on which makes if hard to use as a step. Also in the picture is the GoRhino step I bent slightly and installed using nutserts and some delrin bushings, so I can remove it when wheeling.

Ford Bronco Tube Steps... door ding protection? IMG_7024.JPG
Sponsored