JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, we get out of my friend's car, my friend grabs his door and just repeatedly slams his door into the other car as hard as he possibly can. Like I said, it was a beater so he didn't care about the damage to his car.

It's the principle. Respect gets respect.
Man, I hope the statute of limitations has run on that.... :D
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on getting some sliders that stick out and be used as steps (like the rugged ridge rrc) .. but we don't know when the aftermarket will be out.

In the meantime, i want to protect my Bronco from parking lot a-holes and their doors (unbelievable how many dents my 2 year old car already has in it)

Anyway... I see I can add the Tube Steps for 400 in the meantime. Question is, do you think they would protect from door dings?
Nope. They are below that level and they don't really stick out enough to do anything.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah... those rock hard type is what I'm looking at getting... but since I don’t know how long it will be, just wondering if the factory tube steps would help.

Hate wasting 400, but Id hate dings in my doors more.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just to finish this off... someone posted this pic today... not the perfect angle to tell.. but does seem like these on the WT would take a hit from a car door before it reaches the bronco..

Ford Bronco Tube Steps... door ding protection? Screenshot_20201103-113539_Edge

Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've just learned to park out in the south 40 of any lot and walk the extra distance.
I was at a Home Depot three days after buying my new car. Parked way out there. Came out to my car and one of those big orange lumber carts hit the back end and creased the fender.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at a Home Depot three days after buying my new car. Parked way out there. Came out to my car and one of those big orange lumber carts hit the back end and creased the fender.
It's freaking BS... When I open my doors, I don't care how big of a POS the car next to me is, I make 100% sure that my door doesn't hit their car (I grab the door in a way that puts my hand at the impact point). I also will not allow my kid to open his own door if someone is next to us. I do it, again making sure I am between the door and the other car.

Just a little bit of freaking common sense people!

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs