First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I had the Bronco Tuffy safe installed for the trunk area. It takes up a ton of room in the back and the compartments make it very difficult to find useful items to put inside. I am thinking of uninstalling the compartment but wanted to post on here to give everyone an idea of the sizing if you’re looking for something to lock items up. I am thinking it’s just too big, but definitely gets the job done to keeps items secure.

6B2C915A-4A3E-4AD1-949E-76A5162875CF.jpeg

C4D30DB3-53B4-4A78-817F-84CD25B29FC9.jpeg

2218253C-47E3-4CA8-8DDF-7B836DBFB783.jpeg
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this will work better with the hard top. It just takes too much height away when the soft top only opens half way or so. Also, a shame the dividers aren't more modular. It appears to be an all or nothing deal.

I think the soft top would benefit from the cargo inclosure setup better, but that really does cut down on usable space as well. However, the lid can be removed to open the entire cargo area as needed at least.

Ford Bronco Tuffy Bronco Safe - Not sure how I feel about it 1634233814449

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is awsome, I didnt realize a product like this existed yet but I think this seems like a much better option. I dont often keep valuable items in my car and it sleeps in the garage, so the $1200 safe might have been overkill lol!!!
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-ca...VUJ3pdBWtY-DKS_e7bF0X4r3CwNmBL3kaAv5oEALw_wcB

I don't vouch for this company, its just one of many options.. but here is the link regardless for more detail. The product is also in the accessories catalogue, so you can order it straight from Ford.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$1200??? holy smokes that's crazy. I tried to copy the Justin McBride platform build for my own BL and honestly when the rear door is closed anything underneath that platform is essentially hidden from view. I'm sure you could modify it to whatever extent you want, and it was a relatively simple build anyone can do over a weekend for cheap (< $70 all in)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diy-cargo-platform-j-mcbride-clone.24796/

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I had the Bronco Tuffy safe installed for the trunk area. It takes up a ton of room in the back and the compartments make it very difficult to find useful items to put inside. I am thinking of uninstalling the compartment but wanted to post on here to give everyone an idea of the sizing if you’re looking for something to lock items up. I am thinking it’s just too big, but definitely gets the job done to keeps items secure.

Sorry you didn’t like it, but I appreciate you posting this! I was undecided between this lock box and the cargo area enclosure. I think I’m in for the enclosure after your feedback!

Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And that's 1,200 "no's" from me on this one. Seriously, I think there will be more economical (and just as secure) options down the road.

OP
OP
brittany3400

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And that's 1,200 "no's" from me on this one. Seriously, I think there will be more economical (and just as secure) options down the road.
Absolutely! The price is a bit absurd :) Definitely better options out there!!! Glad I could save someone from the same mistake haha

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the feedback! I may just try to be a minimalist for once.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must be missing something. This is from Ford's Accessory Store today. Some dealers do better than this pricing.
Ford Bronco Tuffy Bronco Safe - Not sure how I feel about it 1634237097793

OP
OP
brittany3400

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I must be missing something. This is from Ford's Accessory Store today. Some dealers do better than this pricing.
Ford Bronco Tuffy Bronco Safe - Not sure how I feel about it 1634237097793
Ahhh I stand corrected! Tuffyproducts.com had it listed for $1200 but have since removed the listing they said because it was an error that they had it on their site in the first place. I purchased second hand so I did not spend that much thank God. Even for $700, jury is still out :)

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

According to the Ford Accessory website, it states:

"adjustable dividers help protect gear and create custom compartments"​

So are the dividers 'fixed' and not adjustable? If they are adjustable, then couldn't you move (or even remove) some of the dividers to make larger spaces (or even remove ALL the dividers to make one large space, for that matter)?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to the Ford Accessory website, it states:

"adjustable dividers help protect gear and create custom compartments"​

So are the dividers 'fixed' and not adjustable? If they are adjustable, then couldn't you move (or even remove) some of the dividers to make larger spaces (or even remove ALL the dividers to make one large space, for that matter)?
They are removable, but the sections seem like all or nothing. I've got one of these coming next week and will post my full thoughts. I needed to store some camera and electronics so this should work really well for me. The RoughCountry ones is nice too, but also could be rough on a soft top user when they raise the back.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs