Sponsored

Tuffy Deluxe Cargo Area Enclosure with a Raised Lid (VM2DZ-78115A00-D)

OP
OP
TheWanderingBrewer
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was concerned it wouldn’t fit with the slide. But, I’m unsure of the added height. I was also hesitant to drill holes in the floor of the cargo area for it. I haven’t decided if having the ability to pull it out of the cargo area has any benefits.

I like the idea of the Molle strap sides for my Manchester propane tank and other things I don’t want moving around.

I’m loving the ARB fridge. We’ve been using it at the house for backup beverage when we have guests and have been testing out it’s capacity and ability on 12v AGM battery. Very happy with its performance.

We’re taking it on its first real trip for some beach camping this weekend. I’ll be sure to follow up in the fridge thread about my experience in those temps, etc. I bought the cover for it for extreme ambient temps.
I'm thinking about making a MDF add in floor that will attach at the anchor points for the D-rings in the floor. Once I do this it will allow for me to mount the slide to the MDF floor so I don't have to drill into the body. The slide from DFG Offroad shows it only adds a 1" of height + 3/4" from the MDF. So I'm hoping I will have a extra 2" for clearance.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow. Their version looks nice!

I like where you’re going with this…I’m interested to see how the top of the box lines up with the lift. Keep us updated.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a soft top bronco coming and definitely need something like this. People are less likely to cut the top and steal stuff if they can't see if there is anything worth stealing

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly why I want it! I occasionally have my laptop bag and other items I don’t people to help theirselves to. I want to be able to have fun with the top and doors off but yet be secure.
This is exactly the boat I find myself in. I think I know my answer already , but does this lock shut at all? I'm not seeing a key or lock in the photos, but could just be missing something.

Sponsored

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly the boat I find myself in. I think I know my answer already , but does this lock shut at all? I'm not seeing a key or lock in the photos, but could just be missing something.

Actually, I may have answered my own question by looking on the Jeep one, it looks like it's basically just locked when the rear hatch door is closed (presumably by something in the door itself?). Any chance someone might be able to confirm that's the case?

OP
OP
TheWanderingBrewer
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you take a look at this pic there is a L shaped bracket that pivots into the rack to secure it(there is one on both sides). They have enough tension that they won’t rattle open going dow the road. There isn’t a lock or anything.

C7D7924F-3D51-4495-BF0B-C2F21FB3AD62.jpeg
In the picture you'll see a lever at the top left. You just rotate this and this will latch the lid down, there is a lever on each side. There is enough tension on the arm so it won't rattle unlocked while driving.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, I may have answered my own question by looking on the Jeep one, it looks like it's basically just locked when the rear hatch door is closed (presumably by something in the door itself?). Any chance someone might be able to confirm that's the case?
That's my understanding as well. These are designed so they can only be opened/accessed with the tailgate opened.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had this in my soft top Jeep. I will defs be getting one of these!

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more question on this front and it may have to wait until more people have this, but does anyone know if this is compatible with the swing down table on the tailgate, I would think so, but not sure.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up - Looks great!

These items from Tuffy seem to be top-notch quality. Really well-built.

OP
OP
TheWanderingBrewer
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One more question on this front and it may have to wait until more people have this, but does anyone know if this is compatible with the swing down table on the tailgate, I would think so, but not sure.
I don't have my Bronco yet, but I don't think it would interfere with the tailgate table.

OP
OP
TheWanderingBrewer
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the write up - Looks great!

These items from Tuffy seem to be top-notch quality. Really well-built.
The quality looks super nice. The only negative review I could give it is that the packaging isn't the greatest. Tons of scratches all over it from just being loosely packaged. I run a Ford parts ecommerce site and I don't look forward to shipping these out because of this lol.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The quality looks super nice. The only negative review I could give it is that the packaging isn't the greatest. Tons of scratches all over it from just being loosely packaged. I run a Ford parts ecommerce site and I don't look forward to shipping these out because of this lol.
Ya, there was definitely limited packaging on the inside of my sliding drawer. I was expecting a lot more bubble wrap or styrofoam - There was some corner guards and that was basically it. Surprisingly, it showed up un-damaged. But I could see that being an issue for sure.