Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Gang,

I recently installed the TurboSmart BOV in my 2.7 and have a question. In order for the wiring to aim toward the cab of the vehicle, which I like because it’s cleaner to tie off, the portion of the valve that boost exits is aimed straight up. Is this okay??

I think it’s fine because when the valve/door opens it’s blowing out and should keep dust, dirt, and things from heading back into my intake. This could be concerning because this is after the intake filter. Any thoughts here?

Ford Bronco TurboSmart Blow Off Valve Exit Orientation 61AD8929-006D-4F02-83E7-8925F8F77534
Ford Bronco TurboSmart Blow Off Valve Exit Orientation D3879FD2-2E3E-4EFD-8F38-43B62F8ABDBB
Ford Bronco TurboSmart Blow Off Valve Exit Orientation 04603E43-4DD0-46AE-908E-37F74E408F84
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not ideal.

I haven't taken a TurboSmart BOV apart, but you should be able to clock the body. I'm not sure of their design, but I assume that the cap retains the spring, if so. While keeping the spring tension at the cap you should be able to remove the screws on the cap, rotate the cap, then reinstall the screws. I'd call them and ask.

Last edited:
OP
OP
derichio02

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not ideal.

I haven't taken a TurboSmart BOV apart, but you should be able to clock the body. I'm not sure of their design, but I assume that the cap retains the spring, if so. While keeping the spring tension at the cap you should be able to remove the screws on the cap, rotate the cap, then reinstall the screws. I'd call them and ask.
I just swapped the orientation and routed down with a coolant hose. Now my question is will the heat from the coolant hose cause issues with my BOV wiring since I zipped them together?! Seems like with them both sheathed and insulated I shouldn’t have a problem and it’s just my OCD kicking in.

Ford Bronco TurboSmart Blow Off Valve Exit Orientation 95C2150E-6F5D-4F07-BEB7-C8420B06B5B0

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heat is not a friend if wire insulation, and over time heat can cause the insulation to breakdown and become brittle/crack/separate. I don't know the type of wire used by TS, but at the very least it should perform better than wire manufactured 30 years ago.

The engine compartment is a relatively hot environment, and subject to some pretty extreme temperature changes. Quality manufactures select wire designed to work in these heat ranges, and I suspect you'd see greater heat from the actual exhaust gasses going by/thru the BOV than from the coolant.

My best advice is to ask the manufacturer, and if you are still concerned there are alot of different types of slip on wire insulation available. Just - please don't use the '90's colored hose and wire covers that were popular with some people :)

_purple_13597309-2564-4bb6-bdc4-f260c64d6e95_large.jpg

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Gang,

I recently installed the TurboSmart BOV in my 2.7 and have a question. In order for the wiring to aim toward the cab of the vehicle, which I like because it’s cleaner to tie off, the portion of the valve that boost exits is aimed straight up. Is this okay??

I think it’s fine because when the valve/door opens it’s blowing out and should keep dust, dirt, and things from heading back into my intake. This could be concerning because this is after the intake filter. Any thoughts here?

Ford Bronco TurboSmart Blow Off Valve Exit Orientation _purple_13597309-2564-4bb6-bdc4-f260c64d6e95_large
Ford Bronco TurboSmart Blow Off Valve Exit Orientation _purple_13597309-2564-4bb6-bdc4-f260c64d6e95_large
Does yours work well/ I installed my Turbosmart bov and I can’t really hear it at all. Also, I thought I needed to remove the tube/hose that runs from the pipe where the bov mounts back to the intake (the 8 inch rubber hose w the 2 spring clips. I thought that was where the air/pressure releases. Am I wrong? How can I get this so I can hear it. Turbo etc works fine, just no blowoff sound. Thx

Sponsored
OP
OP
derichio02

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine works great. You do not need to remove the recirculation hose. The sounds comes from the valve itself. Turbo Smart actually makes multiple valves, full blow off, 50/50, and full recirculation. You may want to check your model number.

when doing a full rev you should hear the blow off if you have a full blow off or 50/50 valve.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine works great. You do not need to remove the recirculation hose. The sounds comes from the valve itself. Turbo Smart actually makes multiple valves, full blow off, 50/50, and full recirculation. You may want to check your model number.

when doing a full rev you should hear the blow off if you have a full blow off or 50/50 valve.
That was the problem, good call. Wanted the one that vents to atmosphere but was sent the plumb back/recirculate version. Thx.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We were the first to install and test the dual port valve for Turbosmart and it's been on our Bronco for thousands of miles without any issues since the install. I aimed the port somewhat towards the firewall which can be seen in this video. No issues with heat or insulation at all the the valve sounds awesome between shifts or letting off the throttle.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you guys with in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared

https://www.lethalperformance.com/t...co-2-3l-2-7l-bronco-sport-2-0l-0223-1082.html
ts02231096_1.4847.jpg

https://www.lethalperformance.com/t...es-plumb-back-vr13-2021-bronco-0223-1282.html
plumb_back.jpg
Sponsored