Sponsored

TurboSmart Blow-Off Valve Install and Review on the Lethal Bronco Raptor!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We installed the Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV on our 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor 3.0L, followed by some revs and drive-bys with plenty of that sweet blow off valve sounds.

Install is as easy as it gets, as you only need 2 hand tools.
- An E5 Torx Socket, along with a ratchet.
- A 5MM Allen Key.

Check both out the Dual Port and Plumb Back versions here!

Dual Port VR13. (50% vented to atmosphere/50% recirculated)
https://www.lethalperformance.com/t...co-2-3l-2-7l-bronco-sport-2-0l-0223-1082.html
ts02231096_1.4847.jpg

Plumb Back VR13 (stock sound and operation)
https://www.lethalperformance.com/t...es-plumb-back-vr13-2021-bronco-0223-1282.html
plumb_back.jpg
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Purchased from Lethal and have been running for the past 2k miles. No CELs or warning lights and operating flawlessly.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Purchased from Lethal and have been running for the past 2k miles. No CELs or warning lights and operating flawlessly.
Thanks for your business and the awesome feedback!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any performance difference between the dual port and plumb back? 7MT + Ford Tune, Magnaflow Catback, S&B Air Filter, NGK Step Colder Plugs…

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any performance difference between the dual port and plumb back? 7MT + Ford Tune, Magnaflow Catback, S&B Air Filter, NGK Step Colder Plugs…
Just the sweet noise of PSSSHHHHHHH! I have the turbo smart on my 2.7 with the Ford tune, Magnaflow, Injen CAI, (when delivered) Injen charge pipes. One of the first mods I did (engine wise) and zero problems.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just the sweet noise of PSSSHHHHHHH! I have the turbo smart on my 2.7 with the Ford tune, Magnaflow, Injen CAI, (when delivered) Injen charge pipes. One of the first mods I did (engine wise) and zero problems.
I’m wondering if that noise will get obnoxious with the 7MT…functionally they’re the same otherwise?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m wondering if that noise will get obnoxious with the 7MT…functionally they’re the same otherwise?
From my understanding, yes. One plumb back in like stock, the other plumb to the atmosphere.

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Functionally they’re identical with exception of venting. You can rotate away from you to slightly reduce the noise. If you’re thinking the noise will bother you and rotation + music volume/road noise won’t drown it out enough, just do plumb-back, or skip on purchase. There’s no performance increase and beside the upgrade to aluminum and less plastic there is no real reason to purchase outside of looking for more noise.

I literally bought this for a noise increase and went vent to atmos because I like annoying turbo noises. 🤷‍♂️

Wish it came in anodized colors.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Functionally they’re identical with exception of venting. You can rotate away from you to slightly reduce the noise. If you’re thinking the noise will bother you and rotation + music volume/road noise won’t drown it out enough, just do plumb-back, or skip on purchase. There’s no performance increase and beside the upgrade to aluminum and less plastic there is no real reason to purchase outside of looking for more noise.

I literally bought this for a noise increase and went vent to atmos because I like annoying turbo noises. 🤷‍♂️

Wish it came in anodized colors.
THIS!

I would love a Red one. Though it does seem to hold turbo pressure better than the stock one. Can't prove it, but maybe its my other mods helping along.
Sponsored