Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 20218 Impala had that. Leave house at 32 psi get to work at 42 psi (or whatever each tire changed to).
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And from what my mechanic told me, it's NOT a low pressure warning at all. It's about when the tires aren't the same. So if you drop them all down, it shouldn't alert.
No.

Some older vehicles used differential wheel speed to determine if one tire was lower than the others. Since 2016 Ford has used TPMS sensors that send a real-time pressure value from each tire to the control module. The control module has a pressure setpoint and if a tire dips below the setpoint, it lights up the dash. This pressure setpoint can be altered using the ForScan software.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No.

Some older vehicles used differential wheel speed to determine if one tire was lower than the others. Since 2016 Ford has used TPMS sensors that send a real-time pressure value from each tire to the control module. The control module has a pressure setpoint and if a tire dips below the setpoint, it lights up the dash. This pressure setpoint can be altered using the ForScan software.
Ah, thanks for clarification! Mine's a 2008, wife has 17....

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the Raptor you cannot turn it off. It will display the pressure in each tire. It will display a warning light when the pressure drops below the set pressure. Betting that there are DOT regs that prevent the ability to turn it off.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the Raptor you cannot turn it off. It will display the pressure in each tire. It will display a warning light when the pressure drops below the set pressure. Betting that there are DOT regs that prevent the ability to turn it off.
NHTSA. You can read the document here:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/fmvss/TPMSfinalrule.pdf

Basically, the system is required to warn the drivers when the pressure of one or more tires drops below the door jamb placard sticker by 25% or more. This has been in full effect since the 2007 model year. These regulations came about from the Ford/Firestone fiasco where underinflated tires led to tire failures, rollovers, and deaths.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would also expect that once you enter in one the GOAT mode it cancels a tire pressure alarm.... or at least crawling or the off road modes.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And from what my mechanic told me, it's NOT a low pressure warning at all. It's about when the tires aren't the same. So if you drop them all down, it shouldn't alert.
This might be manufacturer specific, but for the vehicles I have owned, this is not true.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like this.
Ford Bronco Turn off TPMS when you air down? 961C8F62-491E-4A25-AAB0-C7FDD4F22932
Perfect photo choice... Shows how the individual pressures are depicted and the low tire pressure warning light clearly illuminated.

Too bad about the NHTSA defining the requirement for it to illuminate. Sure would be nice to be able to define the limit, especially for specific GOAT modes that you would typically air down in.

FORScan to the rescue!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This might be manufacturer specific, but for the vehicles I have owned, this is not true.
I've been told that this on the older vehicles...mine's a 2008. They work differently now.

dcorn

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WK2
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I tried this out on my '14 Grand Cherokee over the summer. Aired down to 20 psi while driving on the beach and figured in SAND mode, the TPMS would at least stop giving me a warning that my tires were low. No dice.
Sponsored