First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you turn off the TPMS sensor when you air down? My last off road capable vehicle was an 84 Bronco, and TPMS wasn’t a thing.
Sponsored

Shabakuza

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 STi // 2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been wondering the same thing. I hope it just shows the actual pressure values instead of lighting up the dash so I can monitor pressures when off road.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Assuming it is like other Fords, yes it has a real time monitoring. and it is additionally viewable in the FordPass app.

I believe when the TPMS monitor alert comes on, you get a service light that remains a constant, but also a confirmation the "event" has occurred that you can accept/deny off of your main cluster display.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In my Jeep the TPMS always reads the instantaneous air pressure. When I air down the visual alarm comes in but I can still reads the individual pressures. I leave the display to air pressure when wheeling to let me see if I am get a flat. I also have a AEV pro cal that connects to the OBD port. You can use this to turn off the TPMS but then it reads 0 pressure so I never run it that way.

When I air down to 18 psi the TPMS alarms once, I acknowledge it and continue to read air pressures. Hopefully the Bronco version works similar.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my Jeep the TPMS always reads the instantaneous air pressure. When I air down the visual alarm comes in but I can still reads the individual pressures. I leave the display to air pressure when wheeling to let me see if I am get a flat. I also have a AEV pro cal that connects to the OBD port. You can use this to turn off the TPMS but then it reads 0 pressure so I never run it that way.

When I air down to 18 psi the TPMS alarms once, I acknowledge it and continue to read air pressures. Hopefully the Bronco version works similar.
I have an aftermarket programmer for my Jeep that allows you to set the TPMS alarm threshold to whatever value you'd like... If similar functionality isn't baked into the user options on the Bronco, my hope is that the aftermarket will eventually find a solution.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a low option rubicon without the EVIC (no pressure readings at all), and I use the AEV procal to disable TPMS (diagnostic mode) when running wheels without TPMS sensors. If I have wheels on that have TPMS sensors I leave the system activated. I just get the deflated tire warning the whole time I'm offroad and aired down.

OP
OP
sliwa

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
How about don’t be a dick. Either answer a question if you’re able or keep on scrolling... ?‍♂

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And from what my mechanic told me, it's NOT a low pressure warning at all. It's about when the tires aren't the same. So if you drop them all down, it shouldn't alert.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping that if you went into any of the off road modes, it would disable the low pressure alert and just monitor. My current Ford does monitor in real time and will warn low pressure, one tire or all tires. I know some people don’t mind warning lights, but I hate when a warning light is on without being able to “fix” the issue. It would definitely make my time aired down less enjoyable.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's a good question. on my wife's lexus, the TPMS warning locks out the dashboard display between the speedo and the tachometer from displaying anything else. it also shutdowns the
abs.

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2016 Ford sends an audible and visual that can be ignored. Changes dash color to yellow, but everything still functions. Would be cool to have an offroad feature...

OP
OP
sliwa

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was hoping that if you went into any of the off road modes, it would disable the low pressure alert and just monitor.
This would be an excellent feature! Its probably something that could be done by Ford as software update down the road?
Sponsored